Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
News Headlines

"Government has become its own worst enemy when it comes to the economy, with public spending putting a damper on growth that otherwise continues at a steady if unspectacular pace."

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
News Headlines

"Government has become its own worst enemy when it comes to the economy, with public spending putting a damper on growth that otherwise continues at a steady if unspectacular pace."
Did you read or understand the article? It basically states that cutbacks in Government spending have stiffled growth in an economy dependant on government stimulus. If anything this article would support "Leftists" policy rather than refute it. It doesn't surprise me coming from CNBC.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I challenge anyone in America today to prove the need of even 25% of the 1000+ Federal Agencies we currently support with our tax dollars. It has become a behemoth that must be catastrophically reduced if we are to survive.

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
I challenge anyone in America today to prove the need of even 25% of the 1000+ Federal Agencies we currently support with our tax dollars. It has become a behemoth that must be catastrophically reduced if we are to survive.
I agree 100% Doc. Government spends due to it's unlimited amount of funds (tax payers). Heck, they don't even need funds to support government growth, they just borrow it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Exactly and when douche bags like the head of GSA get caught we get the popular response well it's only a half a million or a 100 million and that's .000000000001% of the debt blah blah blah. Tell that to the small business owner that just had to cut a big fat check to the IRS just to see another in a long line people sucking at the government teet flush good money after bad.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Right on if we could get rid of 75 percent of federal agencies the only effect it would have on us , is we would notice how much better things were getting.

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you read or understand the article? It basically states that cutbacks in Government spending have stiffled growth in an economy dependant on government stimulus. If anything this article would support "Leftists" policy rather than refute it. It doesn't surprise me coming from CNBC.
"with public spending putting a damper on growth"

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
"with public spending putting a damper on growth"
Read past the first paragraph. The jist of the article is that the economy is dependant on Government stimulus. The government has cut back on spending therefore the economy is suffering. The article is a cry for more government spending via injecting money into the economy (stimulus).
The author baited you with a title and opening paragraph then turned it into liberal BS.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Read past the first paragraph. The jist of the article is that the economy is dependant on Government stimulus. The government has cut back on spending therefore the economy is suffering. The article is a cry for more government spending via injecting money into the economy (stimulus).
The author baited you with a title and opening paragraph then turned it into liberal BS.
ANYBODY really believe the economy is suffering because of government stimulus cutbacks. Anybody that says that is, and never has owned or run a business. The stimulus raised the economy, for a short time, till the money went dry. whoo raay! BFD!!!
Going to keep pumping tax dollars we don't have, and have to borrow to keep it going? Thats insane! Like borrowing from the bank instead of getting off your ass and getting a job, IR CUTTING YOUR SPENDING TILL IN MATCHES YOUR INCOME!!!!!

The economy is in the shitter because there is a POS in the WH. End of story. Nobody in business will spend an extra dime, or hire an extra preson till he is out. I know. I seen it. We are doing it. We are not alone.
Like 058, businesses are weathering a storm. The hatches are down and bolted. The sails are down, and everything is secured. When the sun shines again, they will get back to normal operation. Not until!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
1,512 Posts
Lets not forget California is also in the shitter because we have a POS in the governors office. Like the Federal government we could easily get rid of 75% of the California Departments and their employees. Big government only supports big government.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Thank you, that was indeed a ram-like article. It was also a mishmash of fiscal and monetary notions.
I still can't find where the govt. cut back spending 5% from an original source, or an explanation why defense spending would have dropped 8%. But I did find a good thought here, refuting the OP article, and IMO correctly spotlighting an Obama strategy.
Thoughts and Ideas: Meaingless metric

and another one here that takes donzi's angle but doesnt quite put it all together
The Captain Obvious award goes to… - Tea Party Nation

1 - 11 of 11 Posts