Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
old HB member.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i start preping the boat for paint and decide that rub rail has got to go.so the boat is now capped, and in primer and looking sweeet! just need some paint ideas. cant decide, eather split the two colors, ( hull white,top blue ) or flow the white up over the bow rails. I'm trying to avoid that rub rail line look. I'd like to see some pic's of your capped boats for ideas. thanks, steve.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Nice! looks GREAT!
I guess i owe some pics too.
these pics are preping the seam and masking for lamination...

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
after lamination...

I like to use a razor blade during the curing stages, saves on sanding and grinding and my back! lol

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I ended up going a different route when i re-gel'd, but this gives an idea as to how my taping went....

After the cap was sprayed, and before the dust storm!:)sphss

This is pretty much the end result.

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
I ended up going a different route when i re-gel'd, but this gives an idea as to how my taping went....

After the cap was sprayed, and before the dust storm!:)sphss
ahh ... the good old days at Tommy's!

man I miss that guy ...

·
old HB member.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
todd your boat looks awsome. the paint scheme looks sweet on that fork.I'm going to stay old school and keep it simple, i'm thinking white hull with baby blue trim. somthing similar to what I had, I'm glad I got rid of that rub rail,I like that clean smooth look. I'm still looking for suggestions though. maybe different side stripes, or any ideas would be great. thanks steve

·
6TH STREET TERROR 4 HIRE
797 Posts
I know a guy with a gullwing that would look great capped but needs the help of a fiberglass master;) wink wink nudge nudge cough cough.......TRG would look good on the side of the boat too..

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
True! although i dont miss the windstorm in the back of the shop!
Yeah ... it was kinda like a dust bowl back there huh?

I know a guy with a gullwing that would look great capped but needs the help of a fiberglass master;) wink wink nudge nudge cough cough.......TRG would look good on the side of the boat too..
Yeah ... me too ... wink wink nudge nudge ...

oh wait ... the master is already working his mojo ... :D (and I appreciate every bit of it Todd)

Capping will be another adventure at another time :D

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Here's my first attempt at it. I'm really happy and am never gonna put a rub rail back on it. The job is not for the weak at heart but the results are worth every gray hair it causes..........john

PS.......I couldnt carry Todd's jockstrap......that boat of his is sick, sick, sick.........

·
old HB member.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
john you did a great job on your boat . i saw your threds in socal jb, i like the design and how you brough the dark blue down over the back side rails looks sweeet! also did you notice the gray hair in my pics. it use to be brown. steve.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Yeah ... me too ... wink wink nudge nudge :D
Christ Brian, your boat is already there, may as well invest a little more time and make it your own now, and the fact that i have to do some paint on it too??? sheeeit! sell some fuel already,...i see a full cap job in yer future, all you have to do is say "start grinding tomorrow Todd"!:)devil
Chicken dinner,...baby girl need new shoes!

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
todd your boat looks awsome. the paint scheme looks sweet on that fork.I'm going to stay old school and keep it simple, i'm thinking white hull with baby blue trim. somthing similar to what I had, I'm glad I got rid of that rub rail,I like that clean smooth look. I'm still looking for suggestions though. maybe different side stripes, or any ideas would be great. thanks steve
Im diggin the old school basic clean lines, like on jrork's deal wich BTW looks great!...and i have always been a fan of baby blue boats! one thing i do like is on a bubble deck boat,..matching the bubble with the band around the boat, but on a flat deck boat,...leaving it white all the way into the dash area,...simple and clean! but that is just what i like, my gel colors are a bit much for my liking, but it has definitly grown on me!
good luck with whatever route you go down!
Todd

1 - 20 of 36 Posts