Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
old HB member.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last month or so, i posted a thread called "capped it now what" i didn't know where to go with my paint scheme. so here is what i sarted with. and here's what i ended up with. what do you think thank's Steve.

Attachments

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Holy Cow! That looks fantastic. Congratulations for a job very well done. Something about a capped boat that just looks sick (IMO). I love the brushwork on the deck too.

Great job.......john

·
old HB member.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks i knew i had to do somthing with that line on the side of the boat. the pics don't do it justice. the light blue just pops against that ford white. thanks for the comps.steve

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice looking boat,nice job!!! How did you get that seam as nice as you did,I tryed on my hallett jet and looked good ,but always seem like the seam kept coming back.. what material did you use to get this that nice, i want to attempt it again,i like the look.I need to use the right material,not bondo etc.thanks for any help..

·
old HB member.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
blownmantra, on the seam you have to groove it to a V shape, it dosn,t have to be that wide mabe 1/2" to 3/4" . i used "kitty hair" or you could use marglass to fill the groove,block it out, then ran two strips of glass cloth over that.block it out,then i used evercoat and sanded to finish. primed it with some heavy ass industrial primer (forgot the name), used ppg paint, dupont clear. alot of wet sanding and buffing to make it look sweeeet. hope that helps, and thanks for the comp. steve

·
Registered
213 Posts
blownmantra, on the seam you have to groove it to a V shape, it dosn,t have to be that wide mabe 1/2" to 3/4" . i used "kitty hair" or you could use marglass to fill the groove,block it out, then ran two strips of glass cloth over that.block it out,then i used evercoat and sanded to finish. primed it with some heavy ass industrial primer (forgot the name), used ppg paint, dupont clear. alot of wet sanding and buffing to make it look sweeeet. hope that helps, and thanks for the comp. steve
Did you lay glass on the inside? I did not when my sleekcraft was done the same way and it cracked in the seam. Hope you do'nt have that problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts