Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or do all dealers and internet serivices do their best to obfuscate the details and make it a pain-in-the-ass process. I'm not a particular fan of leasing but the industry is changing quickly and so are the needs of my family, so leasing works for us on this next vehicle.

What really burns me is that they are vey selective about providing specific details of the lease which makes it harder to verify the math. I'm not looking to get the greatest deal on earth but I do want to get what I'm paying for or pay what the vehicle is worth.

At a time when most industries are hurting, one would think that dealerships or internet services would be a bit more reasonable.

Has anyone experienced the same?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Is it just me or do all dealers and internet serivices do their best to obfuscate the details and make it a pain-in-the-ass process. I'm not a particular fan of leasing but the industry is changing quickly and so are the needs of my family, so leasing works for us on this next vehicle.

What really burns me is that they are vey selective about providing specific details of the lease which makes it harder to verify the math. I'm not looking to get the greatest deal on earth but I do want to get what I'm paying for or pay what the vehicle is worth.

At a time when most industries are hurting, one would think that dealerships or internet services would be a bit more reasonable.

Has anyone experienced the same?

Just to help some of us out..cause I had to look it up!!! From 'wiki...

Obfuscation is the concealment of meaning in communication, making it confusing and harder to interpret.

Obfuscation may be used for many purposes. Doctors have been accused of using jargon to conceal unpleasant facts from a patient. American author Michael Crichton has claimed that medical writing is a "highly skilled, calculated attempt to confuse the reader".[1] B. F. Skinner, noted psychologist, commented on medical notation as a form of multiple audience control which allows the doctor to communicate to the pharmacist things which might be opposed by the patient if they could understand it.[2] Similarly text-based language, like gyaru-moji and some forms of leet are obfuscated to make them incomprehensible to outsiders.

In cryptography, obfuscation refers to encoding the input data before it is sent to a hash function or other encryption scheme. This technique helps to make brute force attacks unfeasible, as it is difficult to determine the correct cleartext.

In network security, obfuscation refers to methods used to obscure an attack payload from inspection by network protection systems.

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nicely done, now you see why I chose that word. I understand it is a tough way to make a living, I'm just not sure why it has to be that way.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
If you would like some help pm me. If you get me the money factor, the residual, and selling price I can tell you what the payment should be.

Also I sell Toyotas, and I have hookups almost everywhere just let me know what you're looking for.

John
(909)557-0638

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
yes and they do it on purpose. I guess they figure its so complicated that no one will be able to figure out whats going on.

I pull my hair out everytime I lease a car for Biz. What a waste of time.

what they don't realize is that I can do the math in my head. So if they are quoting me fucked up #'s I can tell them right there to pound sand.

I finally found someone that would be straightforward and not screw around.

The process has always been very frustrating...

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you would like some help pm me. If you get me the money factor, the residual, and selling price I can tell you what the payment should be.

Also I sell Toyotas, and I have hookups almost everywhere just let me know what you're looking for.

John
(909)557-0638
and dam nice ones too...:D:)hand

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks John, but like DaveC said, I've done the math with the data provided and it still doesn't jive. I don't need the vehicle for another couple of months but I started a little early anticipation of this very thing.

I have to give credit to anyone in sales, it is a tough job. It seems though that instances like this make it harder on everyone in the business.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
remember when you calculate the finance rate you must amortize the entire amount financed not the just portion that you are paying...... someone has to pay for the damn thing. :D (if you don't the rate will look twice what it should be)..

Even still I was getting jerked off.....

It will help if you find a straight shooter

Thanks John, but like DaveC said, I've done the math with the data provided and it still doesn't jive. I don't need the vehicle for another couple of months but I started a little early anticipation of this very thing.

I have to give credit to anyone in sales, it is a tough job. It seems though that instances like this make it harder on everyone in the business.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts