Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the boat out today. Didnt even leave the trailer let alone see the water.

Rear Carb just kept flooding it self. Its pouring out of the right front venturi booster sp?

I took that sum bitch apart in the parking lot cleaned every nook and crany with carb cleaner checked the floats; in the up position cant blow any air down position I can so that seems ok. Fuel pressure is set at just above 6. after 3 hours in the parking lot I gave up!

An clues or suggestions? It's an edelbrock 750. I dont see any gunk inside the carb float pins open and close when up and down. I'm clueless.

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I have had good luck with Edelbrocks. Check your accelerator pump. Make sure the floats do not have a hole in them.

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had good luck with Edelbrocks. Check your accelerator pump. Make sure the floats do not have a hole in them.
The floats do not have a hole in them, I played with it after i got back from the lake i think somehow the float height got screwed up. So tomorrow i will re set the drop and what not.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Took the boat out today. Didnt even leave the trailer let alone see the water.

Rear Carb just kept flooding it self. Its pouring out of the right front venturi booster sp?

I took that sum bitch apart in the parking lot cleaned every nook and crany with carb cleaner checked the floats; in the up position cant blow any air down position I can so that seems ok. Fuel pressure is set at just above 6. after 3 hours in the parking lot I gave up!

An clues or suggestions? It's an edelbrock 750. I dont see any gunk inside the carb float pins open and close when up and down. I'm clueless.
There is either a bit of crud holding the needle/seat open, or the needle and seat are worn and must be replaced, or the float height is wrong (too high).

Just becasue you can't blow thru it, doesn't mean fuel under 6psi won't pass. Your lungs are in no way capable of 6psi, or even 1/2 that.

Not knowing the history of problems you seem to have (from HTP's post), a replacement he advised may well be in order.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Quick fix....

This doesn't necessarily apply to this issue, but a piece of crud in the needle will cause the same thing. As long as the float is held up by the excess fuel, the needle is jammed to the seat and the crud can't fall out. If you pinch off the fuel line, (rubber) with pliers and run the motor until it just about runs out of gas, and release the pliers the in rushing fuel will dis lodge the crud and the needle will then seat properly.....It does work........Ray

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After messing with it for a while I found the floats were screwed up. I reset them and it does not flood anymore. Though my motor thinks its a big boy motor at idel it surges. I think im sucking air from somewhere most likely bad gasket. But I got through the weekend! :D

·
Registered
981 Posts
i see you already got it fixed but i was gonna say check the needles... Either worn or got crap in there and their not seating.

Good job finding the prob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts