Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok pump it 2 or 3 times fires right up runs for 10-15 seconds starts to stall pump it with gas it tries to keep running but spits back threw the carb and stalls!?? any ideas
adjusted the floats
adjusted air fuel
checked fuel pressure

·
Sit N' Spin
1,345 Posts
X2 on initial timing. Too much advance will cause a pop through the carb.

What idle speed do you typically idle at? If you hold the throttle open, then slowly close it, what's the lowest RPM you can set it to without it dying?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the boat and have only ran it once the first time it was hard starting once it was going had to pump the gas to get it on plane once on plane it ran good! slow it down and stall! it was a pig out of the hole. messed with jetting, advanced timing and still out of the hole having to pump the sh.. out of it once on plane lost 800 rpm and 15 mph???????

·
Sit N' Spin
1,345 Posts
I bought the boat and have only ran it once the first time it was hard starting once it was going had to pump the gas to get it on plane once on plane it ran good! slow it down and stall! it was a pig out of the hole. messed with jetting, advanced timing and still out of the hole having to pump the sh.. out of it once on plane lost 800 rpm and 15 mph???????
What kind of carb? Pics?

·
Sit N' Spin
1,345 Posts
You might check out the gasket on the bowl. If you installed the gasket backwards it covers up the accellerator pump hole. Don't ask how I know this:|err
He never mentioned that it was a Holley. Although the "adjusted the floats" statement kinda points to one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok new PV and it fired up on the hose in the driveway did some adjustments it runs in the drive ok but I will water test as soon as we have a day without rain! thanks guys for the help I will let you know

·
Sit N' Spin
1,345 Posts
Ok new PV and it fired up on the hose in the driveway did some adjustments it runs in the drive ok but I will water test as soon as we have a day without rain! thanks guys for the help I will let you know
Sounds like the power valve may have been the culprit. Were these problems you were having present on the trailer as well as in the water?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.