Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Idaho Jet
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still new to this tunnel ram linkage... I have a holley mounted to a tunnel ram with a side mounted carb linkage plate. Is it better open (push) the linkage from the front or the rear of the motor?

Craig

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Its a 1X4 tunnel ram....

Craig
it is better to push the throttle open from the front, that way u keep everything in a straight line :)...on a side note...why a 1x4 TR?...u would have "much" better performance with a 1x4 Edelbrock RPM Air Gap manifold...1x4 TR's tend to puddle in the corners & cause trouble!...i had 1 on my motor & it worked fine at w.o.t., but not at low speeds or idleing around :)...chnged over & much better overall...just trying to help :)...just my .02 cents :)

FastRat

·
Idaho Jet
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My issue is that the side mount carb adapter makes the cable sit at an angle to the linkage and is not a straight shot. Did I get the wrong plate? It looks like a standard holley carb.......

Craig

·
Registered
335 Posts
i also went back to a performer RPM, the tunnel ram looked cool:D
Went the opposite way, from a Performer RPM to Tunnel Ram.

Linkages and carb mounting were a quagmire for my lil brain, but after some figuring with a sideways mount linkage, I was able to get the twin 750's mounted inline.

Baby brother's working on milling out a better looking mounting system, a lil hilljack, but it works, and everything is inline on the same angle
!

Ray

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Rebel...

i sure hope that set-up works out for u, cause u have the rear carb turned around backwards???

u would be better off if u mounted them sideways!!!! :)

just my .02 cents....good luck :)

FastRat

·
Idaho Jet
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Carb Linkage Issues

Here's some pics. I know it doesn't look like it but, the ball joint is probubly 1" or so away from the linkage which puts it in a bind...........

Craig

·
Idaho Jet
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I can't figure out how to get these damn pics in here!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP! I copied them to photo bucket and tried to upload the url......Didn't work... How come it's so hard to load pics on this site??????????

Craig

If any body could help please.............

·
punk ass kid
524 Posts
I opened your photobucket and copied the properties of the picture and pasted it between the image code, [ i m g ] [ / i m g ] (no spaces!!!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.