Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
carb linkage
[Hi Dave,
I Have the same carb to blower adapter like you have. I put my carbs on there and have a 12 1/8" center to center for my inline linkage. (problem) I can not find that linkage any where that has that 12'' size linkage.
Where did you get yours from? Your's must be even longer.
Thanks Bud, Troy]

Troy,
Here's a pic of my linkage. Mine is 12 11/16" c-c with only 1/16" between the bowls. Mine just consists of a flat plate to mount the throttle cable clip, a piece of steel rod with swivel Heim ends on each end for adjustment to connect the two carbs. You can make all this stuff yourself and get the Heim ends at a good hardware store. Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
u can buy the hex rod any length & heim fittings from Enderle Fuel Inj in Calif...they are pretty reasonable :)...much cheaper than The Blower Shop!...just sayin' :)

FastRat

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hex rod

FastRat's right. The hex rod is even better. It thicker and aluminum, has female threads for the heim ends. Jocko

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Any reason some of you guys like to run the carb's inline vs sideways? Is it just because of the linkage or is there an advantage to one? Maybe the way they feed the blower??

Thanks

Travis

·
just a ski boat with bark
2,811 Posts
Any reason some of you guys like to run the carb's inline vs sideways? Is it just because of the linkage or is there an advantage to one? Maybe the way they feed the blower??

Thanks

Travis
I run mine sideways on my tunnel ram to make jet changes easier. Who wants to pull a carb just so you can change jetting?

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks

Travis
I agree, it is easier to change jets with the carb's sideways, however once I have my jetting dialed (for a lake boat) it seems they rarely have to be changed again. If so, I can have that one carb off in about 3 minutes. When mounted in-line, I do like the simplicity of the linkage (substantially cheaper), the routing of the throttle cable under the motor and up from the rear of the motor, plus simpler (again cheaper) carb bowl fuel lines.
Jocko

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think it's easyer with linkage, looks clean, less bends in the fuel line. Fuel comes up and in fuel log and straight into carbs not up and over and around. Thats just what I think.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Is there an advantage for having a push throttle?

·
2,811 Posts
I think it's easyer with linkage, looks clean, less bends in the fuel line. Fuel comes up and in fuel log and straight into carbs not up and over and around. Thats just what I think.
Man I didn't think mine was that dirty :)sphss

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man I didn't think mine was that dirty :)sphss

Nice! Yes, that is a very sano setup. On a tunnel ram, the #107 linkage ($125.00) clears everything better and bolts right to the intake. On a blower you have to mess with spacers and stuff off the blower studs. PIA
Jocko

·
2,811 Posts
Nice! Yes, that is a very sano setup. On a tunnel ram, the #107 linkage ($125.00) clears everything better and bolts right to the intake. On a blower you have to mess with spacers and stuff off the blower studs. PIA
Jocko
Thanks jocko I tried to keep it neat. That linkage was about $65 from Enderle and then the Morse cable holder was about $5 from Rex Marine. The throttle, regulator brackets and the top were custom made.

·
Registered
389 Posts
It looks very nice rat. I guess all I'm trying to say is, It's a personal preference. (FORD, CHEVY, DODGE) They all work very well. Rat your whole boat with what I can see looks very clean and nice.

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
Is there an advantage for having a push throttle?
I was thinking about a push throttle. I don't like the idea of the cable pushing against the return spring pressure. Seems to me it would want to make the cable bow up. With it pulling the spring tension is keeping everything tight.

·
2,811 Posts
it does look nice :)...where are u hideing the alternator?

FastRat
LOL, well long story but I started with a mag and when I switched over I never added an alternator. With the group 65 battery and gear reduction starter it will pull kids tubing and skiing all day with out needing a charge.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts