Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Team CJ460
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anyone know if they make a half inch carb spacer or is the standard 1 inch.im too lazy to mill a 1 inch down and would rather just buy a half inch if they make one.my carbs with the throttle linkage set up i have wont aloww the accel pump to completly push down all the way unless i space it. the only one i could find was at summit but not for my app thanks

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
spacers

Just grind or mill the manifold, you don't have to take off that much, thats what most people do. i'll look to see what spacers i have.

·
Team CJ460
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just grind or mill the manifold, you don't have to take off that much, thats what most people do. i'll look to see what spacers i have.
not the problem jim. the plate/throttle bracket support wont let the accel pump push up cause it hits unless i space it about a half inch.got it figured out was just seeing what else was out there:)handlike skinning a cat theres always more than one way

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Can i ask a dumb question

Is the spacer only for allowing linkages the proper space or is there some other benefit?

·
Horsepower sells Engines
402 Posts
you sould be able to even get extra thick carb gaskets, that what we use on the race car to get around the no spacer rule, i thnik there 1/2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts