Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
That looks pretty nasty from all the way over here.........

Jim

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
awe hell that's no big deal, just bring on er over and i'll weld that right up for ya, you wont even be able to tell the diff. when i'm done whit it, no charge. hahaha
That definately beats my broken exh.valve carnage fo sho. lol:)sphss

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think the problem was you had to many water jackets in that block... :D

Ok so seriously, you know a Blown 572 is the only engine that will fit back in there right?:)bulb

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Is that a factory stock motor? I don't see any balance marks on the top of that rod.

Last time I saw one that bad was when a buddy of mine got drunk one Saturday afternoon and we bolted an 8-71 blower onto his stock 327 SB split window Vette. He did a couple really good burnouts in front of the house, then it got real quiet!!

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Minor

awe hell that's no big deal, just bring on er over and i'll weld that right up for ya, you wont even be able to tell the diff. when i'm done whit it, no charge. hahaha
That definately beats my broken exh.valve carnage fo sho. lol:)sphss
That's minor.It aint major until you blow the valley out of the block......Ray

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
someone say blow the valley out?

Attachments

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts

·
Custom user title
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was a stock mercruiser setup so cast pistons and all that. Hat I was thinking hydrolock but not sure. The biggest piece of the piston is in the cylinder under the rod in that pic then there are remains throughout the motor. Lots of pieces of piston in the intake in the galley and small pieces in the rest of the cylinders. You can see like half the valve in that picture also where water should be lol. So all kidding aside can that block be salvaged with a sleeve or should I turn it into an end table for the living room.

·
Custom user title
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think the problem was you had to many water jackets in that block... :D

Ok so seriously, you know a Blown 572 is the only engine that will fit back in there right?:)bulb
My brain says blown 572 my wallet says 5 hp Briggs n Stratton

1 - 20 of 33 Posts