Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
How many times has this popped up this summer? Doesn't anyone do their homework or read the label on the friggen bottle prior to screwing something up?

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
looking for some help, but thanks for your worthless 2 cents!!!!

Try sending a pm to slowinhavasu or some of the other detail guy's. I believe one of them is socaldetail. Also search the treads, this topic has been brought up a lot. I dint pay to close attention to them as my boat has not had this problem. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it is a 04 23ft genesis. We had changed the name of our boat, and used some paint thinner on it , and followed up with carnuba wax. There are some ther spots just above my cf#s

G

·
it is a 04 23ft genesis. We had changed the name of our boat, and used some paint thinner on it , and followed up with carnuba wax. There are some ther spots just above my cf#s
First I would try 3M Marine Rubbing Compound. If this doesn't work you may require wet sanding by a pro with 2000 or 3000 paper.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mine is a 03 232 and I've been using Maguires yellow wax since it was new and never had a problem. I did have some scratches from a sandy football which I sanded out with 2000 sandpaper and rubbing compound can't even tell where they were. I think Genesis sprayed a good clear before the sprayed the color so you should be able to sand it out if need be. I would start by stripping the wax first.

G

·
Use workout on a foam pad and low speed buffer, and then rewax (don't use carnuba). And then put on your sunglasses. Warning: you might have a clean spot on your boat when finished. :)hand

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
if none of the said above remedies help your situation out, grab some 2000 grit sand paper rub a small area and see if it lightens up, if so, you may be doing it to the entire yellowed area of the boat, then using some compounds and polishes for a new finish on your boat, if you are not comfortable in doing this, and you are in the vacinity of Montclair Ca, i will do a test on your boat for you at no cost, but you will have a small white spot with any luck at all!
Todd
TRG Custom fiberglass
626-991-9031

1 - 20 of 40 Posts