Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what doze everyone use to clean boat carpet bought a used pontoon carpet is berber type carpet is in good condition but when it gets wet it smells like ass guess its mold or somthing is there somthing on the market to get rid of the smell thank for the help

·
Registered
546 Posts
that could be mole-asses that you are smelling:) pressure clean with a hot water sprayer, test an area to be sure of color fastest the berber is very tough, but be safe, with a weakenend solution of clorox, if it is mold this will kill it, there are several products on the market now, enzyne type celaners that will eat the organic residues, pretty common in the cleaner section of most chain stores, and in the pet sections. these i have found will remove the problem rather than covering it up.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
If it's not a marine type carpet, no telling whats living in there. The marine carpets have the rubber/foam backing. Pressure washer does the job, just use care, too much pressure will peel it off the backing.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
if it were mine...i would rent a small steam cleaner from ur local market etc...after i installed it...i would spray it with Fabreeze (i use it on my indoor/outdoor carpet--works great--good smelling also :))...just my .02 cents

FastRat

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Odor

I had an odor problem in the carpet. Tried everything. We bought a new Dyson and it came with a bag of carpet cleaner...the stuff is called Zorb. The bag was sealed and the stuff looks like moist fine bread crumbs. Spread it out and brush it in, let set for 30 minutes then vacuum. Worked great, odor gone and carpet smells nice. I'm sure you can get the same stuff under a different name at Home Depot. Make sure you start with a steam cleaner first, then apply this stuff.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
"Green Works" all purpose cleaner from clorox, available @ Albertsons and is pretty damn inexpensive, available in a spray bottle, smells good and got some oil out of my carpet too, might wanna give it a shot, I used a nylon scrub brush and it seemed to help even better!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.