·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
carpet

I get mine from Lowes.

·
Registered
501 Posts
^^^ Same here I also used it for the carpet in my boat. the grey outdoor stuff, it works great

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
are you guys glueing the carpet or do you just staple it.
I used the rubber backed carpet from Home Depot. I coated the new bunks with resin then when it was tacky I applied the carpet and then used stainless steel staples. Worked great!

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
are you guys glueing the carpet or do you just staple it.
Just staples...the glue will accelerate rot as it will hold in the moisture :))ThumbsDwn If anything I would just use the glue in small spots...but it's not really needed.
I get my carpet from a "carpet/flooring warehouse" they have a larger selection of "outdoor" carpet, vs Hope Depot/Lowes. I picked up a nice charcoal gray thick pile > I needed a 18' run by 3' wide > no one else had anything over 12'.

·
AKA OhOneWS6
2,637 Posts
I got mine at Home Depot. In my area the different locations carry different stock. Some of the local Home Depot's only had one style and color of outdoor carpet while others had 5 or 6. Might be worth looking around.

I noticed when I was in Bass Pro they had rolls of bunk carpet as well.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I used glue and staples. worked just fine. When I took the boat to my upholstery guy to get the seats done he got all butt hurt because I"took the boat to someone else" for the carpet. When I told him that I had done it he was no longer mad and very impressed; The stuff from hd/ lowes speed and marine lookss/works just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts