Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to california this weekend to pick up a 90 carrera elite, the one in my sig, no pink and greys..:D....closed bow with a 5.7 and alpha 1, needs interior, but the price is right 4300.00....:D....any input before i go pick it up, seems like a good deal, runs good, allways had jets, so this will be a change, thinking it probally runs mid 50s.......anybody had one...

·
huh?
104 Posts
Got one with a A/T jet and a 502 in it.... love it. Good hull.

Quite a few 20.5 owners around here...

Rob

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
We had our 20.5 Elite ( also a '90) longer than any other boat we owned. It had a built 454 with a jet and I loved it. The hull is a little flat and rougher than the other Carrera 20.2 hull, but faster. It's a nice solid hull. It did 63 and that is fast enough for that hull.

If the boat in general is clean and the motor and drive are decent shape ( I'd be checking those out) I'd say you scored a nice deal.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
IMO that 350/alpha combo will most likely be better than the 454/jet combo in the same boat a tad more speed and decent low end but ALOT LESS FUEL.

I have an eliminator 207 and it has the 350mag/alpha combo it is very reliable,will do 60 on perfect day but 57-58 is avg(all speeds are gps),has no probs pulling up a single skier and sips the fuel.Was looking for a20.5 elite while buying but couldnt find one at the time.

My previous boat was a 19ft jet with 429 bbf it did well also went faster but it was smaller than the current boat.Jets work well in smaller boat but when 20ft and up cruisers they lack effeciency vs a prop.Dont believe me 260hp in my current boat what hp would it take in big block to get the same numbers??502 might do it but will use alot more fuel doing so.

I couldnt be any happier with my boat grew up with a jet driven very fast flats but have a nice cruiser that is reliable,quiet,and family friendly.

·
No Longer Recovering
916 Posts
Going to california this weekend to pick up a 90 carrera elite, the one in my sig, no pink and greys..:D....closed bow with a 5.7 and alpha 1, needs interior, but the price is right 4300.00....:D....any input before i go pick it up, seems like a good deal, runs good, allways had jets, so this will be a change, thinking it probally runs mid 50s.......anybody had one...
I just dropped $14K in my 1990 20.5... that's how much I like it :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
We have a 202xr, open bow with 454/Bravo1. The boat rides smooth and seems to be a great family boat. Would be nice to have some more power and speed. The engine is all stock with the exception of a 750 Edelbrock. Carrera certainly built quality. To bad they are no longer around. By the way any good forums for Carrera owners?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Could Have Bought My Old One Back About 6 Months Ago. The Guy Wanted $5800 For It. Irt Had Been Worked Over Pretty Hard Since I Sold It. Looked Like IT Had Been Sitting Out Without A COver, The Floor Was Soft, The Winshield Was Cracked On One Side.....Still Had The 270hp/350/Alpha Though. I Liked The The Boat, But Stepped Up To The 23.5 Classic For A Better Ride. Even Though The 23.5 Has A 300 454, The Elite Would Have Kept Up With It In Nice Water. They Both Run About 55mph. I Found The Elite Handled And Had Better Bottom/Midrandge After I Put A 22 Stiletto 4 Blade Prop On It.

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
might as well go for the 27 :D I love it!! Carrera makes a great boat, nice and strong! ride nice, I think you will be happy with the elite.

I just like the security of the 27, I have been out on Mead in some nasty, boat sinking water and felt safe, it was far from a comfortable ride but I felt safe:)

·
Registered
973 Posts
might as well go for the 27 :D I love it!! Carrera makes a great boat, nice and strong! ride nice, I think you will be happy with the elite.

I just like the security of the 27, I have been out on Mead in some nasty, boat sinking water and felt safe, it was far from a comfortable ride but I felt safe:)
I know a guy that has a 27 for sale??

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 1981 Elite with an Arneson drive. A really well made boat, the motor is out right now but with a blown 468 ran into the low nineties. Doug

·
BB572
227 Posts
My family had one that we got brand new in '97 and kept it until about 2003. Great boat. I built quite a few when at Carrera. The bottom is very good and the boats are built strong. I would say that with a deal like that, you can't go wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts