Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're gonna take the boat out for a few hours this Sunday. Haven't been to either this season. How are the conditions at both? If I get there around 9, am I going to have to wait in line? Are they more strict about speed at Castaic? Hope to see some of you out there.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Castaic

Was planning on going to Castaic next Thursday, 6/26 for a few hours in the afternoon.

I have not been to Pyramid in a long time, but Castaic was no problem last time I went on a Sat. We did not launch until the afternoon and getting back on the trailer sucked as the wind was blowing. Had to help others to get them out of my way, trailer side ways etc, plus people don't want to get wet so that is always fun, heaven forbid you go boating and get wet putting the boat back on....

Anyway, I propose we get some people up there next Thursday for the afternoon. I planned on leaving the shop at 12:00 picking up sopme folks and heading up.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Both lakes have a "party cove" with some nice sand. Pyramid is smaller, but not patroled as hard. Castaic is a county park so no drinking is allowed and there pretty tight on the 35mph rule. Most all bring some beer there, just keep an eye out for the fuzz.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like we'll be up at Castaic. I don't want to deal with the line at Pyramid. Where is the sandy area of Castaic? I've never seen it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Looks like we'll be up at Castaic. I don't want to deal with the line at Pyramid. Where is the sandy area of Castaic? I've never seen it.
I have not seen a boat line in pyramid in years. There are to lines these days, one for watercraft and one for boats. Back in the day the grouped them all together and only let x number through the gates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts