Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone that goes to castaic just a heads up theres no swimming in the lake anymore went yesterday and was tucked back in a cove we where all chillen by the swim deck and where told to get back in the boat theres no swimming aloud.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
anyone that goes to castaic just a heads up theres no swimming in the lake anymore went yesterday and was tucked back in a cove we where all chillen by the swim deck and where told to get back in the boat theres no swimming aloud.
WHAT,,, That is a bunch of crap,, can you still ski and wakeboard or they stop that also! Castaic is turning into a non friendly place!! it use to be a great place to go and have fun for the day!, but it seems like they are taking care of that for alot of people! what BUNCH OF S,,T:|err:|err:):)punch

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I wonder if the water is polluted or they just want to once and for all close it down for public recreation and they keep pushing and pushing til no one wants to go there anymore......

I know we would never go into the lower lake once we found out that they had to close it down a few times due to all the pollution after water tests way back in the day (late 70's early 80's, we used to call it diaper lake) when they almost filled 2 dump truck fulls of diapers out of the lower lake from all the lovely visitors changing their little kids then dumping the (Trash) in the water like it was no big deal...sick sick sick...

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Swimming at Castaic....

Effective July 1, 2009 – All swimming areas will be CLOSED on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays

Swim beach hours for the summer are Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm.

SWIMMING IS PROHIBITED, EXCEPT IN DESIGNATED AREAS, ONLY WHEN A LIFEGUARD IS ON DUTY. Beaches are open FOR SWIMMING on a seasonal basis only.
Always watch your children when they are in or near the water.
Report a lost child immediately to the lifeguard on duty.
Animals must be on leashes. No animals are allowed in the water or on the beach.
[top]

·
Registered
917 Posts
Can you swim quietly? (sorry, I'm a smart azz :D)

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
There has never been swimming allowed on the upper lake, they have always just used selective enforcement. Why it's ok to be in the water for water skiing but not swimming is a mystery to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts