Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the pull springs from rex marine. i have all the brackets on. my question is, how do i tension the springs? i had 2 buddies over yesterday trying to pull that SOB. just wasnt working.

thanks in advance

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
i have the pull springs from rex marine. i have all the brackets on. my question is, how do i tension the springs? i had 2 buddies over yesterday trying to pull that SOB. just wasnt working.

thanks in advance
You can use a ratchet strap (strong one not some Chicken S one,) Hook it to the springs on one end and run it to the down pedal up frint or the up pedal if you have one. onece you get it stretched, lock down the stop collar and then stand back when you free it up!! :|err

Or you can use a porta power and push the springs forward or a come along. Or you can call Gofastracer and he can just grab em with his bare hands and stretch em!:D

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can use a ratchet strap (strong one not some Chicken S one,) Hook it to the springs on one end and run it to the down pedal up frint or the up pedal if you have one. onece you get it stretched, lock down the stop collar and then stand back when you free it up!! :|err

Or you can use a porta power and push the springs forward or a come along. Or you can call Gofastracer and he can just grab em with his bare hands and stretch em!:D
I have the perfect ratchet strap for the job. good idea tony. thanks man

but if all goes south, ill have to give gofastracer a call. :D

·
Registered
1,840 Posts

Chuck Norris calls Art for help too.:)devil:)devil:)devil

·
Registered
1,840 Posts

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just used the winch method. couldnt have been more easy. I handled that in 5 minutes. thanks for the tip Tony, looks like Art wont have to have a workout this time:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
I just used the winch method. couldnt have been more easy. I handled that in 5 minutes. thanks for the tip Tony, looks like Art wont have to have a workout this time:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp
Anytime Rivergames. Its just a trick I learned back in NAM. Not many people know about it.:D:D

·
Administrator
16,892 Posts
I won't embarrass myself showing pics of valve springs around the cav plate rod.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts