Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Does anyone have any news out of Dexter?
Joe, I got this off of another site, was the only info I could find.
Ralph

Things are looking good in Dexter, 47 Boats ran Test & Tune, Total Boat count is 61 and Good IHBA contengency. The Weather is being good. Rained about 8pm and stopped within 10 minutes and now the sky is clear with a Full Moon. Bad luck for some, As Jim Kelly & Ryan Baxter both in Pro-Mod windowed blocks. A few timing system glitches, but got everything worked out. So far so good. We will be starting the circus again in the morning, and hope for the best of days. Will try to get qualiifing postions tomorrow night with reports from the lake.

·
Registered
55 Posts
They were able to finish the race .

They had to shut it down ,to wait for the thunder and lighting to pass.
the open boats did make passes in a light drizzle ,Promods had to wait for a litte bit ,for it to clear.
But all class did finish.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Dan Kirkman ran 6.83 at 162.00+ in his BAJ for a IHBA ET record. :D
That's hauling the mail right there!!!

Congrats to Stan Tweedy. Made the long haul worth while!!!

·
a.k.a WHIPLASH #180
1,099 Posts
TE was a tough class as always!!!
13 boats.
I was thinking I had a chance at #1 qualifier with a 9.011, but then Stan came and knocked that away with a 9.002 and Shane BUrton also tucked in with 9.006.
The top 9 boats were under 9.09 !!!!
Congrats again to Stan!!!! You are dialed in!!!!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
TE was a tough class as always!!!
13 boats.
I was thinking I had a chance at #1 qualifier with a 9.011, but then Stan came and knocked that away with a 9.002 and Shane BUrton also tucked in with 9.006.
The top 9 boats were under 9.09 !!!!
Congrats again to Stan!!!! You are dialed in!!!!
Wow, #3 qualifier with a 9.011. I went to Marble Falls in 05 and I was #7 with a 9.016. Very competitive class!!! From what I've seen you guys up there are tough!!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Moms went up. They broke two rocker arms in test and tune. Fixed it and was #2 with a 11.04, made it to the finals and broke the motor. But on a good note she pulled to within 80 points of the points leader!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
What a beautiful track with very friendly and welcoming local racers. Went up and pitted for my best friend Tony Leaman with the Rat Poison P/E boat, we had a great time, but not the best of luck. What a fast track, we and many others had a hard time slowing our chit down to run the numbers. Was very impressed with the Laughing Gas Flat team, they finally got their ride figured out, not only did they get the boat down to the 8.0 range, Saturday they ran a 7.84. Thats a flatbottom with a single 4 barrel Dominator on nitrous! Way to go guys! Alot of great racers there, Lynn Cortner, Allen Forsythe, Bob Pizza, Vic Esposito, Bill McGuinn, Jeff Andrade, Stan Tweedy, Jeff Vail to name just a few. Thank you to the CDBA all of its racers and staff for making us out of towners feel so welcome, you guys are the bomb, my hats off to you guys and gals, F1~;)

·
a.k.a WHIPLASH #180
1,099 Posts
What a beautiful track with very friendly and welcoming local racers. Went up and pitted for my best friend Tony Leaman with the Rat Poison P/E boat, we had a great time, but not the best of luck. What a fast track, we and many others had a hard time slowing our chit down to run the numbers. Was very impressed with the Laughing Gas Flat team, they finally got their ride figured out, not only did they get the boat down to the 8.0 range, Saturday they ran a 7.84. Thats a flatbottom with a single 4 barrel Dominator on nitrous! Way to go guys! Alot of great racers there, Lynn Cortner, Allen Forsythe, Bob Pizza, Vic Esposito, Bill McGuinn, Jeff Andrade, Stan Tweedy, Jeff Vail to name just a few. Thank you to the CDBA all of its racers and staff for making us out of towners feel so welcome, you guys are the bomb, my hats off to you guys and gals, F1~;)
It was good to have you guy up to the races! The new boat is very nice, too bad about the windshield:D I'll let Tony tell that story if he wants.
Hope you guys can make some of the other races up hear as well !
RT

·
Registered
567 Posts
That sure is some refreshing water up there LOL!!!! We had a great time racing with you guys! Everybody was super helpful and friendly!
Tony

·
Distinguished Member
5,788 Posts
That sure is some refreshing water up there LOL!!!! We had a great time racing with you guys! Everybody was super helpful and friendly!
Tony
OK Tony, what happened.... PM if you don't want to post :D

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Lets just say that Tony learned the ropes at the out ramp the hard way!!! I'm going down to pick him up and he's in the water, full driving suit, holding his own boat. So I'm thinking to myself, well I guess he couldn't wait for the ramp help! :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
It was great to have all of you folks up.

Tony don't feel bad you weren't the only one to learn the Ropes. seems that another down south guy went to the same school as you did :)

it was nice pitting next to the Lewis's and Dan, Mike that boat is off the hook!!!!

Dan thanks for the help with my ride it worked great all day

Jeff

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
had a great time up there, especially visiting with everybody. lots of great racers in every class.

one thing i'd never seen anywhere else was that they stagger started everybody on t&t day, based on the class index. that was a great idea, made t&t a lot more fun, and didn't seem to delay runs at all. kudos to cdba for that.

·
a.k.a WHIPLASH #180
1,099 Posts
had a great time up there, especially visiting with everybody. lots of great racers in every class.

one thing i'd never seen anywhere else was that they stagger started everybody on t&t day, based on the class index. that was a great idea, made t&t a lot more fun, and didn't seem to delay runs at all. kudos to cdba for that.
Bob, it was good to meet and chat with you. Congrats on the win!
You are without a doubt dialed in!!!!

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
thanks rob, it was good talking to you too! winning mod and the gambler was fun, but we had a great time up there regardless. i always look forward to racing chris whenever the opportunity arises :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts