Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought an '89 Johnson 200 GT that has the CDI Quick Strike Pro ignition. I read that they shouldn't be used with a maintenence free battery (and that it will void the warranty-not that there is any left). Does anyone know if it is actually ok to run this ignition with a maintenence free battery? Because I'm having a hard time finding a non-maintenence free one, except for what you might find in a tractor or something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought an '89 Johnson 200 GT that has the CDI Quick Strike Pro ignition. I read that they shouldn't be used with a maintenence free battery (and that it will void the warranty-not that there is any left). Does anyone know if it is actually ok to run this ignition with a maintenence free battery? Because I'm having a hard time finding a non-maintenence free one, except for what you might find in a tractor or something.
Stay away from deep cycle ones and you will be OK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If they get down, they draw a lot of current recharging and can drop the working voltage. Deep cycles are never reccomended for outboard starting and operating batteries.
Deep cycle and non sevicing batteries are no longer the same thing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If they get down, they draw a lot of current recharging and can drop the working voltage. Deep cycles are never reccomended for outboard starting and operating batteries.
Deep cycle and non sevicing batteries are no longer the same thing.
Thanks Ray:))THumbsUp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts