Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a few weeks ago I posted a question about whether or not Bassett thru transom headers would be a good upgrade for my boat. I got some great answers, thank you guys. As it turned out without some port work to those heads the Bassetts really were not going to be much of an advantage. So they are getting some work done.

Here's where I am at now. I have the option to run aluminum center rise headers or Bassett thru transom. The center rise have a 3.5 inch output and the bassetts have a 4". The Bassetts are water injected.

My setup is 471 Ford, D0ve heads with some port work, roller rockers, dual tunnel ram with 450 Holleys, bottom end is tight, not sure of the cam installed, all in a 19' Mini Daycruiser.

I'd really like to know which exhaust will benefit this boat the most. Cas and CP I'm looking froward to you're input again here.

If this belongs in another spot on the forum please let me know where,

Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
If you're planning on keeping the engine cover, you can't do the injected Bassetts, you'll have to $tep up to Lightnings or CMI. Go with the IMCO center rise deals, a friend of mine has some on his Hallett like yours and they look great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts