Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I believe Kurtis Kraft made those, but not many of them.
They weren't very popular with the racers, as I recall.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
????

That is bad a$$$$, I've never seen one . . . . Why wouldn't they be popular with racers, I could see not being popular as a lake boat (no victim seat) but as a race boat, why not? Most capsuled flats the capsule is located in the same position . . . . could it be because of the v-drive? Still a very cool looking boat:)devil

·
Registered
2,002 Posts

Looks like "Bullet" to me...
I can only remember about 5 or 6 of them from the mid-seventy's. Mostly ran in the gas classes...no fuelers. Seemed like a good idea...still does....

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Like LSR pointed out does that allow the v-drive box to be mounted far enough foward? Kind of reminds me of some of thoughs drag jet boats.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Yep, looks just like the bullet boat. Thanks! It is a V-drive set up. Wonder why so few were made? Was Bullet a very well known boat back in the day?
Don't remember it being around long. The center decks came out in an era when the blown gas and unblown gas classes was being dominated by Hondos. In blown gas you had "Little Beaver, Tuff E Nuff, Chestnut, and Black Power dominating(with an occasional win by the Sanger, HiJacker) and in unblown gas, if you didn't have a Landy Dodge in a Hondo(Black Russian, Hot Dam Hondo)...you were in trouble, although Stevens in Black Russian started his winning with a Sanger. Ted Faggert, in what I remember as a standard Kurtis, was just starting to get competitive. Probably if Hondo or Cole hada come out with a centerdeck...they'd a been everywhere!:D:D I think it be way cool to restore one...you could pretty much guarantee no body else is going to show up at the river or an event with one...:)bulb

·
84 CP TUNNEL
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the history, love that old stuff! Looked real close at it this morning and the paint is similar but not Bullet. It's a cool looking hull, Would be fun to resore. Would like to know more about them first, was looking at some Cole's to spend time & $$ on.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts