Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought that it would be cool to have a Pic thread for all of these things to be posted in one place since there is beginning to be quite a few of them. I'll start with mine as well as a few others that I have pics of. Sorry Info , I dont have any of yours. Post up when you get time. Be cool to see some pics of Farmer John's "Seein Red" too.
IMG_0593.jpg
tawakani 2012-1.jpg
tawakani 2012#2.jpg
jack weller's turbo 001.jpg
jacks4.jpg
boat%20in%20show%20002.jpg
S1150003.jpg
S1150001.jpg
bgf.jpg
View attachment 186538
553549_341184842624220_58088131_n.jpg
IMG_1361.jpg

·
Registered
406 Posts
some bad ass boats!!!

I would love to see more of this one.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Would also like to see some Pics of Del51's turbocharged Nordic 19' tunnel. I saw a vid somewhere a while back were he ran over 130mph.
Heres another one.
IMG_4602[1].jpg

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
Old boat.... newer technology....

stu1.jpg

stu2.jpg

stu3.jpg

stu4.jpg

stu5.jpg

I was talking to Badbug last week.... and when he asked the fellow out at Peterson's that was test driving his new turboed Placecraft how it felt.... the fellow responded... "It feels like the earth is coming to an end!" ...... I can attest 25 lbs in an old boat feels much the same way.... especially when the nose keeps climbing!

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Nice execution of a turbo set-up Gear! nice and Clean.....

Here is Rick Kornowski driving Del51's Beast, They made probly aleast 10 runs this day.

Chris.jpg

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
Nice execution of a turbo set-up Gear!
Thanks, but we can't take all the credit on this one. We did do some cleanup on the old hull, turbo setup and hardware, but old Haas, Mark and Tom did some of the base layout. In process of adding a second BOV now to control the boost better.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
I see Mark when I get to the Michigan hotboat meets, nothing short of impressive to see it run. Mark has done many, many changes over the years to his set-up, and has really stepped it up.

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Thanks Chuck,
I've made more changes than I can count.
I like the low profile look without the intercooler stacked on top of the intake manifold the best now,

It barely sticks above the back seat,

I was contemplating putting a partial upholstered cover on top so you can get to the ski tow rope easier.

I've come full circle on this to where I have the boost leveled off at 10 - 12 # for the lake and that's plenty.
Too many white knuckle rides.
For anyone contemplating putting something like this together be assured you will end up with way more HP than you ever needed or wanted. Don't spend any money trying to optimise HP in something that is just going to be too far over the top anyway.

A pair of cheap diesel turbos @ $ 650. ea will make 2000 hp.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Pic I found on another thread
tn-2.jpg

Couple more I found, dont know whats come of Tom(Imaptient one )but this is his
turbo%20engine%20in%20boat%20right%20side.jpg
This is a sunkist
101_0401.jpg
And this one is Mike Walters
DSC01535-1-1.jpg