Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ceramic coating 4 headers?

Who has ceramic coated headers? like it better than chrome? How are yours holding up to the water injection (need to stay lake legal)? Been looking into re-finishing my headers this winter, and ceramic seems to be better than chrome, just worried about durability (ie cracking due to dropping something on them). I like the lower temps, lasting finish and of course the lower price. Not to worried about improved performance, but is this true? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Embee performance coatings in So Cal. Hit up Tiki here on the board, he can give you more info. They did mine and I am very happy with the coating job.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I definitely prefer ceramic over chrome. I would highly recommend Jet Hot since they are the innovator of ceramic coated headers. We've had 3 sets done, 1 for my old 555 Chevy that ran on the river and raced, 1 for my oldman's river boat and 1 on a customer Camaro. All are holding up very nicely.. Their are a lot of companies doing this now I just prefer Jet Hot. They have a bunch of different coatings available. Here's a link if you want to check them out.

http://www.jet-hot.com/

·
Frst Round Runnerup
334 Posts
A big yes vote for the ceramics. No they will not crack or chip if your happen to drop them about 6 feet and they bounce off the fender on the boat trailer before hitting the floor. Don't ask me how I know. I even cut the collectors back after they were coated with no cracking or chipping. This is some really tuff stuff and very easy to keep looking nice.
Just my .02.

Bob

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A big yes vote for the ceramics. No they will not crack or chip if your happen to drop them about 6 feet and they bounce off the fender on the boat trailer before hitting the floor. Don't ask me how I know. I even cut the collectors back after they were coated with no cracking or chipping. This is some really tuff stuff and very easy to keep looking nice.
Just my .02.

Bob
Thats what I was looking for, somebody who had watched a coated header go through the valley of death and come out the other side.

I am either going to go with Embee or a company in El Paso that uses Jet-Hot. Shipping will be the difference, I hate sending stuff off to Tinbucktoo in the hands of shippers that can F up a wet dream, But embee does have a hek of a guantee and is a PB member.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
we send out stuff from tinbooktoo okla to embee, quality is worth the effort:)bulb

·
Strap on the JATO
305 Posts
The ceramic coating is night & day cooler than chrome. They do
discolor around the head exhaust outlet to 3-4 inches up the
header. Mine are Jet Hot coated, they do a good job......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts