Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
One part at a time...
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering the best way to strip down old headers for ceramic coating. Is it worth it to get an old set and strip them, then have them coated? Came across a cheap cheap set, would like to know if its worth it. Thanks in advance. John.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Just wondering the best way to strip down old headers for ceramic coating. Is it worth it to get an old set and strip them, then have them coated? Came across a cheap cheap set, would like to know if its worth it. Thanks in advance. John.
I have had 4 pair done so far and I never had to strip the existing chrome off, this is usually included. Send them to jet hot, they are the best.

·
One part at a time...
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I looked at their website too. Some of the headers I've seen from there look just as good as chrome if not better! Anyone got pics of black coating???

·
Registered
546 Posts
check the welds and especially the area around the weep holes and elbows, be sure that the headers are not rusted and weak ,the coating will not make them stronger, be sure that you have a good set to coat. the ceramic coating is great just start with a good core.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts