Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used Performance Coatings over in Auburn WA. to coat their headers..nobody here in Spokane or CDA that I know of has the right stuff to do a good job..Performance Coatings wants $400 to coat the headers with a product called chrome-x.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
get with tiki , all i have to say:)devil

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Who is Tiki..
he's a member here on the boards, embee performance coatings:)devil he did our turbo outlet's, and after some 1600* runs, they still look new;) i'll never trust anyone else but embee, and i've tried a few:)bulb

·
oregondunes
64 Posts
he's a member here on the boards, embee performance coatings:)devil he did our turbo outlet's, and after some 1600* runs, they still look new;) i'll never trust anyone else but embee, and i've tried a few:)bulb
Ive been using Finish Line Coatings (RM Engineering) here in Portland for race car headers, 2 stroke (street and ATV) chambers for over 20 years now.

Russ Meeks (and wife) have always treated me fairly. 503-659-4278

http://www.finishlinecoatings.com/

·
Registered
797 Posts
I use wolf's coating and sandblasting in Lamarque TX. They do an awesome job. They did my tunnel ram headers and suction housing all look great.

Attachments

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Hell yah, there's a bunch of us that have used them and Josh actually works there. All you gotta do is come on over to SkagenBoats.com and post up there. You'll get lots of info (and maybe can score a disccccount)....:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Perfrormance coatings did mine inside & out ,I run mine dry and they have 5 years on them, still look very good.Chrome -X finnish. Hope this helps.

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Discount

Hell yah, there's a bunch of us that have used them and Josh actually works there. All you gotta do is come on over to SkagenBoats.com and post up there. You'll get lots of info (and maybe can score a disccccount)....:D
They want $400 for the coating...how much of a discount are we talking about with the right contacts..thanks..Jess

·
Registered
417 Posts
contact josh trispoke on the forum, i let him know u were going to yesterday after i pmed you, he will be able to tell you what he can do for you.

·
688 Posts
Don't know what Tiki used on my lightnings but they are beautiful:D

·
Registered
981 Posts
I really like the CermaKrome coating. Chrome like ceramic Finish. I have shipped parts off the Cap's Brite Hot in Fresno CA and have been VERY happy with the results. Performance, Finish, and Price were all great. Here's their website with prices http://www.capsbhc.com/

Edit: I see Finishline also does the Cermakrome....Think I found a closer place that has the products I want ;) Thanks for the info folks ;) How does FinishLines's prices compare with Cap's?

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I really like the CermaKrome coating. Chrome like ceramic Finish. I have shipped parts off the Cap's Brite Hot in Fresno CA and have been VERY happy with the results. Performance, Finish, and Price were all great. Here's their website with prices http://www.capsbhc.com/

Edit: I see Finishline also does the Cermakrome....Think I found a closer place that has the products I want ;) Thanks for the info folks ;) How does FinishLines's prices compare with Cap's?
Your Cerakrome price according to the website is $330...Finishline told me $450. Really wish we had a place here in N. Idaho or E. WA...

Does the place in Fresno have a beaded tumbler to put a chrome like finish on? I assume they do...

·
oregondunes
64 Posts
Your Cerakrome price according to the website is $330...Finishline told me $450. Really wish we had a place here in N. Idaho or E. WA...

Does the place in Fresno have a beaded tumbler to put a chrome like finish on? I assume they do...
want a price shocker ??? call Brooks Coating in Sherwood Oregon. He is soooo proud of his work

·
Registered
981 Posts

I wouldn't know what a beaded tumbler was if I was standing on it. Couldn't tell you the difference between that and a clothes dryer tumbler:D;);)
All I know is that everything they have done for me in the past came out GREAT, and it was a VERY shiny Chrome like finish, finish never came off, and everything was coated correctly. It was definitely worth the price with shipping....
I'll be sending a bunch of stuff off again this Winter to get Cermakrome coated:)devil

G

·
Does ceramic coating the inside of pipes keep them from bluing? Where is the best place to have them done at? What is the avg. cost to have it done?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you just want to do the insides or 100%? Price can very.. Performance Coatings In Auburn WA there # is 253-735-1919 Brad or Josh is who you want to talk with or PM me

·
Registered
537 Posts
there is a place in langley bc cda(just this side of the border) Kool koats. they did my intake & valve covers.look great,how ever when it freezes outside they emitt a green liquid. anyone ever heard of this before?is this normal? will it stop??:)sphss

1 - 18 of 18 Posts