Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i used to go to CFW all the time back in HS, but it has been over 12 years since i have been there and I honestly can't remember much about what the lake looks like. Is it too small of a lake for a boat like mine (27')? Seems like in all the pic all I see is 18-21' jets and/or v-drives and I'm just wondering if I'd be running out of room to run my battleship....

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
977 Posts
i used to go to CFW all the time back in HS, but it has been over 12 years since i have been there and I honestly can't remember much about what the lake looks like. Is it too small of a lake for a boat like mine (27')? Seems like in all the pic all I see is 18-21' jets and/or v-drives and I'm just wondering if I'd be running out of room to run my battleship....
cfw is kinda small for your boat.dont know how far you want to travel.but clearlake will handle your boat.lots of places along the shore to stop and eat. very big lake.just dont come to the south end.go to konocti harbor or stay in lakeport.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
I agree, your boat is a little overkill for CFW, but I have seen that size out there in the past

·
Registered
408 Posts
Mostly small boats and jet skis, but you can take your boat out there, you may get bored fast.If you are up here go to folsom.

·
Never Enough
972 Posts
Not sure if you're looking for a day trip or weekend camping.
Try Lake Berryessa. I've been going there since I was a toddler-early 70's. Nice lake,not quite as big as Clear Lake but the water conditions reflect that-no where near as rough.Also Berryessa has a couple of on the water resorts for camping,RV'ing etc.

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good; thanks for the input. We will probably do a Nor-cal camping trip in August I imagine....not sure which lake yet though. A friend of mine was thinking Bullards...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
May I suggest you give Lake Don Pedro consideration? Large, clean warm wter, many coves, a dedicated slamon course, large spread out camping at three locations, good showers and facilities.

Central CA location half way between Oakdale and Sonora`.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Find a lake with room to boat. Nothing is worse than being packed in tight or having to deal with people doing circles around you on a small lake. And make sure you check on the lake levels/quality too. Bad year for many lakes.

norcal73

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
The delta is a boating adventure epic in scale, Bullards bar can be a beautiful camping /boating experience depending on water level and temp. CFW is full of water was there sunday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts