Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I thought I read a post from someone about some vibration problems they had with a Champion V drive. I can no longer find that thread. Any help would be appreciated. Long story short... I need stories of vibration problems asociated with "Non Braced" Champion V Drives and struts with missing front bushings and the massive damage it causes to hopefully win a small claims case against a customer that truely beleives that there is "no way" that the vibration from the propshaft, v drive and driveshaft, could cause the trans case to loosen enough to come away from the block and damage the trans. This thing shook so hard it broke the starter, loosened motor mount bolts and the headers, bent the propshaft, the output shaft of the v drive , the output shaft and flange on the trans. I go to court on Monday, so rapid replies are appreciated.

·
Without a boat
978 Posts
I dont know about that thread but we have had that box in an eliminator mini cruiser and it took out the propshaft and the coupler deal it uses to adapt it to the v drive. Had to replace the driveshaft at that time also cause it was damaged in the process but dont exactly remember why....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.