Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
gets 'em wet
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just curious how often you change the little fuel filters on the carburetor fuel lines? In replacing them are they just standardized or are there different filters for marine application carbs?? Thanks!

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
I have two, one for each tank. They are the Napa fuel filter with the water separator and the drain on the bottom. I replace them at the beginning of the season if needed or not.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hey guys, just curious how often you change the little fuel filters on the carburetor fuel lines? In replacing them are they just standardized or are there different filters for marine application carbs?? Thanks!
like mentioned above, its good to change them once a year. if you also have the larger type water/fuel separaters then its also good to change them once a year. you can buy a standard fuel filter or go above and beyond and buy one from sumitt or jegs that has a better quality filter. the ones from autozone (with the glass and reusuable filters) are ok and will obviously screen the dirt. preventive maintenance will help you in the long run.

·
tintingsandiego
1,063 Posts
I run a 21 micron water/fuel sep for a tad more fuel flow. I change once a year.

·
gets 'em wet
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a water /fuel separator and I change that out annually but I was just curious how often to change out the little brass looking filters on the feeds into my holley carb. I have two feeds that should have those filters with springs/gaskets in them, correct? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have a water /fuel separator and I change that out annually but I was just curious how often to change out the little brass looking filters on the feeds into my holley carb. I have two feeds that should have those filters with springs/gaskets in them, correct? Thanks guys!
unless you have carb issues, i would leave that alone. whatever the in-line fuel filters and fuel/water sep picks up should be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts