Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading in another post about the spray liner for his boat and removing the carpet and it got me thinking....

What would I have to do to replace the carpet on my Bennington with a non-slick surface? I believe under my carpet is wood. Is it a matter of having someone shoot/apply fiberglass? If so, who would I contact to get some kind of pricing to do this? It would make cleaning so much easier and so forth.

Any ideas or opinions are appreciated. I am just thinking about it right now and have no idea where to start with this.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Lynch, did the floor in my boat they were the fiber glass panels, none skid.

·
Old Skool Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good idea!!
Lets see if we can come up with a good solution. If so, I bet you guys are next :)

pull up the carpet and the wood and put a thick piece of plexi glass. BOOM instant glass bottom boat...be kinda cool if you ask me:D
Then we could ride it around Balboa-Newport

Did you get your tax return or something? Why are you trying to spend money today??:D
Don't you....I gots snapz in my sleeves

Tom, you might want to think about what is involved to just pulling up the carpet. The whole top of your toon has to be removed to just a flat floor. Not an easy job
I am sure it wouldn't be as easy as I was thinking. Don't want to tear the entire boat up in the process. I think I will give Bennington a call and see what they have to say.

Sounds logical in what you say...........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.