Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up fellas. im really thinking about changing a few parts myself before i take my boat back down to elsinore for its final touches. i gotta change the mechanical fuel pump (looks kind of easy), install the oil pressure sending unit (looks real easy), and replace the oil filter (real easy), and add some new royal purple. any tips on replacing these parts? the right way to do it or should i just wait? i have the fuel pressure regulator to install also. i'll be sure to post some pics as the build goes on

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Is this a BBC or a Ford. no offense intended but the Chevy's use a push-rod and it is easy to break a mounting flange if things aren't right? M

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this a BBC or a Ford. no offense intended but the Chevy's use a push-rod and it is easy to break a mounting flange if things aren't right? M
BBC, i was looking at videos on it and the flange part is the only thing keeping me from trying it. so i think i might try everything else tho. you think i should try it?

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
BBC, i was looking at videos on it and the flange part is the only thing keeping me from trying it. so i think i might try everything else tho. you think i should try it?
Sure! The only thing you need to be careful with is the push-rod! Make sure the push-rod is on top of the pump arm! M

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
pull the pipe plug below the fuel pump so you can push the rod up
:)bulb Exactly.....when you do this, pull the rod out and coat half of it's length with some sticky axle grease. Just a thin coating. This will keep the rod from sliding back down before you get the fuel pump arm in position. Jocko

1 - 12 of 12 Posts