Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim Peters, the GM at the Nautical Beachfront Resort asked me to convey the following message to the readers of this forum:

On behalf of the Nautical Resort we will not implement the transient boat parking fee/food voucher at the beach on the point in the Cove area as planned. This area will remain free to public access so that our local citizens can come and enjoy the restaurants at the resort. We never intended to charge for parking, only track those parking in this area via the $10 fee which in turn our guests would have been reimbursed via a food voucher at one of our restaurants. We will continue to maintain the complimentary parking in the slips provided at the resort as well.

Thank you for understanding our attempt was simply to create a safe and comfortable environment for all of our guests, whether staying at the resort or just visiting. We also appreciate your support and understanding that any alcohol consumed above the 450 line must be purchased from the resort per our liquor license agreement.

Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance in clearing up the confusion over this boat parking policy.

Best Regards,

Tim Peters
General Manager
Nautical Beachfront Resort
1000 McCulloch Blvd. North
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
(928) 855-2141 Phone

Regards -
Charlie Cassens

·
Registered
176 Posts
he must have taken head count at the bar on saturday....6pm, prime summer weekend.....4 people at the bar, no one at tables by the bar, two tables occupied in the sand.....bartenders were twiddling their thumbs....

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Tim Peters, the GM at the Nautical Beachfront Resort asked me to convey the following message to the readers of this forum:

On behalf of the Nautical Resort we will not implement the transient boat parking fee/food voucher at the beach on the point in the Cove area as planned. This area will remain free to public access so that our local citizens can come and enjoy the restaurants at the resort. We never intended to charge for parking, only track those parking in this area via the $10 fee which in turn our guests would have been reimbursed via a food voucher at one of our restaurants. We will continue to maintain the complimentary parking in the slips provided at the resort as well.

Thank you for understanding our attempt was simply to create a safe and comfortable environment for all of our guests, whether staying at the resort or just visiting. We also appreciate your support and understanding that any alcohol consumed above the 450 line must be purchased from the resort per our liquor license agreement.

Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance in clearing up the confusion over this boat parking policy.

Best Regards,

Tim Peters
General Manager
(928) 855-2141 Phone

Regards -
Charlie Cassens

Dear Mr. Peters:

Thank you, for taking the time to post this notice as a frequent visitor to Lake Havasu City and the Nautical Inn & Resort. We have consistently patronized the Naked Turtle whether by land or water and was very dissapointed to hear fees were being charged to patronize such a wonderful venue. We inevitably avoided going to the Nautical because we heard of fee based program. I believe it is a sound business decision for your company to recind this parking fee and we will again patronize your hotel and resort.

Once again, thank you for opening up the venue for the general public. I applaude your common sense and regard for a long standing boating tradition [beverages at the Naked Turtle by boat] located at the Nautical Inn & Resort.

Very truly yours,

John C. aka KAP

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dear Mr. Peters:

Thank you, for taking the time to post this notice as a frequent visitor to Lake Havasu City and the Nautical Inn & Resort. We have consistently patronized the Naked Turtle whether by land or water and was very dissapointed to hear fees were being charged to patronize such a wonderful venue. We inevitably avoided going to the Nautical because we heard of fee based program. I believe it is a sound business decision for your company to recind this parking fee and we will again patronize your hotel and resort.

Once again, thank you for opening up the venue for the general public. I applaude your common sense and regard for a long standing boating tradition [beverages at the Naked Turtle by boat] located at the Nautical Inn & Resort.

Very truly yours,

John C. aka KAP
that was very well written when you address a man named peters its hard to not start the letter Hey look dick

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
I dont recall in the original wtf thread anyone mentioning getting a voucher of equal value to spend in the resturaunt. That changes things cause is not sumthing for nothing. Its something for something. It would have been even better if the voucher for 2 u call it well drinks at the turtle. (prob some lame ass law prevents that). It was never to be about control or monitoring. It was about money to pay for the new pool. They got called on there BS and came up with this story.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
I too don't see what the big deal was if they were validating the parking at the bar. It's quite routine in parking garages to have to get your stub validated by a business the garage serves to get your parking for free. Keeps freeloaders out who would otherwise use up the tenant's limited parking spots for free and leave nowhere for actual paying customers to park. Same principal applied here it seemed unless I'm missing something. :notsure:

Which of course is quite possible. :D

·
Huntington Beach Havasu
2,092 Posts
The wife and I always pull up to the beach for lunch, a drink and they she goes shopping in the little store off to the side. Thanks for returning the area to Normal!!!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I too don't see what the big deal was if they were validating the parking at the bar. It's quite routine in parking garages to have to get your stub validated by a business the garage serves to get your parking for free. Keeps freeloaders out who would otherwise use up the tenant's limited parking spots for free and leave nowhere for actual paying customers to park. Same principal applied here it seemed unless I'm missing something. :notsure:

Which of course is quite possible. :D

As I told you all in a previous post, all of the beach around the Nautical is public! Don't you find it odd that this message was generated by the City Manager? Come on guys wise up, someone complained to the City.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
I don't know the details of the beach, only saw that the letter was from the guy at the Nautical and commenting on standard procedure for parking. If the beach isn't the Nautical's beach to control, charge for or not to charge for, then yes I was missing something (I don't see a previous post). :D

·
Registered
3,509 Posts

Best Regards,

Tim Peters
General Manager
(928) 855-2141 Phone

Regards -
Charlie Cassens

Charlie,

Please post the total site improvement plan, public information, submitted by the Nautical for their current improvments, that the City approved at a City Council meeting of Jan. 11, 2011, showing the beach areas around the Nautical as being public.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I don't know the details of the beach, only saw that the letter was from the guy at the Nautical and commenting on standard procedure for parking. If the beach isn't the Nautical's beach to control, charge for or not to charge for, then yes I was missing something (I don't see a previous post). :D

Generally speaking, the shoreline including the channel is public, with the exception of the condos across from the English Village and the Indian land across from Windsor launch ramp

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
let me direct your attention to the Lake Havasu City website the City Council meeting of Jan. 11, 2011 in the video section pertinent to the approval of the Nauticals site plan the Nautical shows an exhibit for public beach area. That exhibit is 39 minutes and 21 seconds into the evenings meeting.

Additionally, contained in this video the Nauticals planner declares to the City Council that the docks adjacent to the Nautical are "courtesy docks" for people using the Facility's IE; bar, restaurant,store etc. etc.

The Nautical knew as well as the City that the shoreline is public.

see link http//www.lakehavasucity.granicus.com/mediaplayer.php?view_id=300&meta_id=26194

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Generally speaking, the shoreline including the channel is public, with the exception of the condos across from the English Village and the Indian land across from Windsor launch ramp
That would be the Isles Condos that have the only private beach in the Channel.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts