·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to go see this movie?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think I am done going to the movies. I went to the AMC 30 at The Block last weekend for a midnight showing of Juno (my wife's turn to pick, but I thought it was funny). When we got there, they refused my kid a student discount because he didn't have his "student ID" on him. He is obviously a kid in school. Then when we got to the snack counter I refused to pay 15 bucks for 2 drinks and a popcorn.

When we got into the theater, there was so much trash I couldn't believe it. It looked like they didn't clean for two movies. My kid sat on a sticky bun and got all pissed. I walked out to get the manager. I told her I was appalled at the amount of trash near our seats. Fist thing she did was start reaching for free passes to get me to shut up. I told her I didn't want free passes, I just want the trash picked up. She said she would take care of it.

Well she didn't. After the movie I founder her again and she rolled her eyes at me when she saw me coming. I told her I would take those passes and proceeded to berate her in front of all her employees and exiting guests. What a bitch. I spent 35 bucks for admission into a dump. I will just watch my movies in my clean house for now on.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I do recommend No Country For Old Men. Great flick.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good with the previews but still undecided.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I am going to try to watch The Kingdom tonight if my wifes doesn't have me wrapping gifts.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I spent 35 bucks for admission into a dump. I will just watch my movies in my clean house for now on.

Can't say I diagree. Went to see 'I am Legend' yesterday. Apprently, they still move the flicks to smaller, more meager, theater after it's been out for a while ie, crampped seating, smaller screen. The particular showing we went to somewhat packed and the only choice was THE furthest row (seemed like 1000 feet away). Anyway, my point is that we paid the SAME amount of money for a new, release, big theater flick and got half the as much. No disclosure that its in a smaller theater, that the seating is mediocre etc. and worst of all no discount. Oh sure, they want $15-18 for IMAX though.:|err

As far a Charlie Wilsons war, looks interesting. Saw a special on the history channel last week. It looks to be a movie with a lot of dialog though. I can't concentrate in a theater with that type of movie. People nowadays can't seem to sit still during dialog scenes. If it ain't exploding or loud or intense, apparently it ain't worth paying attention to.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
435 Posts
As far a Charlie Wilsons war, looks interesting. Saw a special on the history channel last week. It looks to be a movie with a lot of dialog though. I can't concentrate in a theater with that type of movie. People nowadays can't seem to sit still during dialog scenes. If it ain't exploding or loud or intense, apparently it ain't worth paying attention to.:rolleyes:
We were hanging out in Big Bear yesterday and we paid 5 bucks admission and got a large popcorn for 5 bucks and got a free large drink. The theater was small but mostly adults in this film so there wasn't the usual disrespect going on. I would have to say it was worth my 10 bucks.

There is lots of dialog but it's not slow in my mind. Easy to fallow and many funny moments.

·
No Longer Recovering
916 Posts
Anyone going to go see this movie?
I saw it last weekend... the first "going out" movie experience in over a year… anyway:

It has the entertainment value of CNN... not a bad thing if that's the route you want to go. I enjoyed it, as did my date (a political sci major) however a few people were walking out.

More like a documentary, including the cheesy news clips from the 80's...

·
'Glass slinger
984 Posts
I thought it was awesome. Phillip Seymor Hoffman was great as a CIA guy with a seriously dry sense of humor. Dialogue was awesome, premise was awesome and from a historical perspective... all of that really did happen, and in much the way described.

Great movie, especially if you are the slightest bit interested in how we got into the situation we are in regarding Afghanistan today. Many of our problematic policies were in place well before the 80's, and were alluded to in this movie.

Julia Roberts looks better than she ever has IMO... better even than Pretty Woman from a body perspective.

Two thumbs up.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I was at the dad's house last week, we saw a special on Charlie Wilson, dad stays up on a lot of issues, we were both shocked that neither one of us had heard of him, or his endeavors, this guy could soon be my newest here. He did some amazing ***** and got away with it...the special was on the history channel, Ive seen it shown a couple more times, this is a must see.:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts