Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah it is cooler, but as some of you know I have a place in Canmore, Alberta, Canda-Basically 1 hour outside of Calgary.

No BS this is a reasonablly priced destination. Point is flights have NEVER been less than this year, and the beer is very cold. Another seat sale begins tonight, but I recently purchased a one way ticket from LAX non-stop to Calgary for $87!! Last year it was $650 RT. Just checked departing 6-26, return 7-1, $312 including taxes.

If you have not been to this area, the rockies, then you have missed one of the most outstanding sights in north america. Ride a helicopter over two glaciers, walk on one, kayak in the Bow river, and trail ride horses through the woods and rivers, all within the Baniff-canmore area.

check http://c3dsp.westjet.com/guest/home.shtml

Westjet is like the Southwest airlines of Canada. Our dollar is worth $1.10 now. Beer is a bit more, food about the same and hotels are about the same is US. If anyone intends to give it a try, e mail me ([email protected]) for rockie recomendations. I will be pouring local beer 6-26 to 7-4 in Canmore, all PB peeps are welcome.

Photo taken 7-11-08 one block from my place

Attachments

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I failed to mention it had snowed just above our place the night before, and yet this day got to 77 degrees. I have seen 90 in July.

This taken 7-11-09 of the Three Sisters peaks. And yes you can kayak on this river.

Attachments

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
What's that green stuff?

Seriously, gorgeous place.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lots of green, and if you golf, three courses are within 30 minutes, some wth tees that are 75' above the fairway.

View from supermarket parking lot with my SD. Shot in 06'.

I am a warm water Havasu type, but this is breathtaking. Having traveled to 42 ststes, that area is above anything in USA for rockies and rivers that I have seen. And NO grafitti, gangsters, taggers, illegals, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Lots of green, and if you golf, three courses are within 30 minutes, some wth tees that are 75' above the fairway.

View from supermarket parking lot with my SD. Shot in 06'.

I am a warm water Havasu type, but this is breathtaking. Having traveled to 42 ststes, that area is above anything in USA for rockies and rivers that I have seen. And NO grafitti, gangsters, taggers, illegals, etc.
That looks amazing...what is the population of that town?, the pic of the river only a block away from your house is also amazing...lucky dog...:))THumbsUp

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
BoatPI , nice cool dips too, unlike Havazoo :D

I recommend to stay here >

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I add, the train rides aren't too shabby either

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The Fairmount Chateau at Lake louise is about 25 minutes away, see photo above post. Baniff is 10-15 minutes. Canmore has about 20,000 residents and is the last town at the gate to Baniff National Park.
Canadians look at Canmore a the Aspen of Canada. Been to Aspen, this is much smaller town feel and no hollywood types unless they are filming a movie in town. Like I said NOTHING like this in USA you have to see it to believe it is real

Not pimping here, but it rents for about $4,000-$4,500 per week. E mail me if anyone is serious on renting, PB deal ( have an agent and perfer to use them). Rental is restricted as we do not want is abused, just too nice.
See photo of my street The place is the green 4 unit townhome to the right.

Check this out for you golfers: http://www.silvertipresort.com/

My favorite and is usually booked for the season by 5-1-09:http://www.kananaskisgolf.com/

I have encountered elk crossing the fairways.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts