Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Congrats to Kim and hubby Bob who took delivery of their new Stiletto today, helped them launch at the Nautical, sweet looking boat, they are a very happy couple, no #'s here, go to spam! Thanks Kim and Bob, great looking boat!:)hand Hopefully 1 post will stay away!:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Great Looking Boat!! One thing I don't understand, why is it that you don't have the stainless rods for the Binimi Top at the front and back instead of those worthless nylon straps, I see that with many Custom Boats. I don't get it when someone spends Alot of $$ for a Custom Boat and then they have those nylon straps for the Binimi Top. Sorry I'm not really picking on Cheetah, I believe you guys build a really nice Boat.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bimini

Great Looking Boat!! One thing I don't understand, why is it that you don't have the stainless rods for the Binimi Top at the front and back instead of those worthless nylon straps, I see that with many Custom Boats. I don't get it when someone spends a lot of $$ for a Custom Boat and then they have those nylon straps for the Binimi Top. Sorry I'm not really picking on Cheetah, I believe you guys build a really nice Boat.
As far as this Stiletto, the customers were presented with several options, I agree, but we sub out our bimini's and the sky is the limit. We pass that on to our customers and then can opt to put which bimini they want within their budget.

As far as spending a lot of $$ for a custom boat, they really didn't, considering other manu's cost for a 24 custom

On our decks though, Stainless Rods are standard, but the boats are more. We have them custom made locally at custom boat covers.

I really like the netted sumbrella, does not flop around, can still go high speeds without it looking like a sock on a stick!:)hand thanks for the praise, Kevin @ Cheetah

Attachments

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Great Looking Boat!! One thing I don't understand, why is it that you don't have the stainless rods for the Binimi Top at the front and back instead of those worthless nylon straps, I see that with many Custom Boats. I don't get it when someone spends Alot of $$ for a Custom Boat and then they have those nylon straps for the Binimi Top. Sorry I'm not really picking on Cheetah, I believe you guys build a really nice Boat.
Hmmm...I have had those worthless nylon straps on my Eliminator for over 10 years. I never had a problem with them. ;) I wouldn't have it any other way. :)hand

G

·
I've had the straps in the past. They would stretch and at WOT the Binimi looked like a parachute. No that I have the Stainless rods the Binimi is tight at all speeds and very stable. But to each their own:)hand
I don't run over 50 with the top up. Straps have never needed to be tightened in 200 + hours. As you said, to each their own. Since you've had both, are the tops with straps easier to put up?

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,238 Posts
I've had both (still do), and they are both easily doable by myself, as long as there isn't any wind. The Cheetah (with straps) is easier, but that may be because it is also much smaller. When the rods are set into the "radar" position, the rod type on the Advantage is easier to pull up and over in a breeze than the strap type on the Cheetah (which has no "radar' position). Also, both will do fine at over 60 MPH.

The strap has never come apart on me, the rods broke during the movie shoot, and we also lost one rod overboard on delivery day:|err

The biggest issue is, quite honestly, people in the boat. They want to help, and I want to be nice, but they don't know what is happening and get in the way. In that case, the rods are better, because they are more inclined to see that there is some major operation going on, and the boat just has more room to move around them.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I don't run over 50 with the top up. Straps have never needed to be tightened in 200 + hours. As you said, to each their own. Since you've had both, are the tops with straps easier to put up?
With the Boats I have had the stainless rods have been easier for me. I just fold out the rod and snap in. I do check the screws to make sure they are not backing out, I have had'em fall out so I went thru them and used Lock-Tite.

·
Don't judge me monkey...
656 Posts
Congrats to Kim and hubby Bob who took delivery of their new Stiletto today, helped them launch at the Nautical, sweet looking boat, they are a very happy couple, no #'s here, go to spam! Thanks Kim and Bob, great looking boat!:)hand Hopefully 1 post will stay away!:mad:
She's a beaut...my first custom boat was a Cheetah...good way to go:)devil
Congrats to the happy owners!:)devil

·
Just One More
1,060 Posts
I have the lousy straps for my bimini, although I really don't drive w/ the bimini up-only got the damn thing to keep the girl happy...........:D

·
Banne'd
2,426 Posts

That's because you don't understand what it costs to build a boat. And what every little add on adds up to. They could very easily put a $100,000.00 price tag on a 24'. Add this add that bigger motor, bigger stereo, it adds up and fast.

Bob is back to the grass roots bulding and that puts boats on the water, and money in his employees pockets. I'm sure there are about 100 X Eliminator emplyees wishing and hoping they could get back to work. They are weathering the storm and will come out of it stronger and smarter.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
That's because you don't understand what it costs to build a boat. And what every little add on adds up to. They could very easily put a $100,000.00 price tag on a 24'. Add this add that bigger motor, bigger stereo, it adds up and fast.

Bob is back to the grass roots bulding and that puts boats on the water, and money in his employees pockets. I'm sure there are about 100 X Eliminator emplyees wishing and hoping they could get back to work. They are weathering the storm and will come out of it stronger and smarter.
So there is 100 people out of work at Eliminator..?? Hmmm. My buddy went there last Sat. and he said it was very busy with people talking to salesman. Not saying they were buying, but they were there. ;)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts

I have a very good idea what the costs are. Those are minor costs compared to the other features, I'm sure if some one wanted them Bob would be more than happy to take care of it as I'm sure other Custom boat builders would, at a price,,,smartass

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.