Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Cobra 230 Razor
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what is up with these boats. I know the the hulls had problems before but they are now offering 10 year warranty on them and you can get a 2009 custom boat ( you pick everything out) 23' scorpion for 30,000. Sounds like a great deal. Any info????????????

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Think about it.......you have to stay in buisness for 10 years to be able to honor a 10 year warranty.:)hammers
Just sayin'

GT :)hand

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Think about it.......you have to stay in buisness for 10 years to be able to honor a 10 year warranty.:)hammers
Just sayin'

Bob has been around for a lot longer then 10 years and I am sure he will be. :)sphss

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Bob has been around for a lot longer then 10 years and I am sure he will be. :)sphss
Meant no offense, just food for thought, with all of the shady stuff going around, you just never know......

GT

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Meant no offense, just food for thought, with all of the shady stuff going around, you just never know......

GT
The boat business is suffering enough without someone throwing out unsubstantiated inuendo's. Do you have any inside information on Cheetah's finances? If not, you shouldn't make the statement. Cheetah's always been alot of bang for the buck.

·
Cobra 230 Razor
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone own a cheetah and how do you like it? Is it rigged well, quality stuff????????

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Is it possible that the real world pricing on a 23' boat with mild power should be $30,000? I bet you he still pockets $5-6K w/ the $30,000 price tag.

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
I was down there Sat. morning to pick some stuff up for Steve(2Forcefull). They are busy, looked like they were rigging three or four boats.

He's (Cheetah Bob) come a long a way, and I believe he puts out a great product. I had Steve's boat apart last year and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Everything was through bolted. It's got a liner in it, so there's no floor to rot. It's a great boat, and it's good looking.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
Does anyone own a cheetah and how do you like it? Is it rigged well, quality stuff????????

dont own a cheetah but have 2 friends that own one. one is a 23 footer and the other is a 24 footer. Rigged well?? not gonna say well but semi clean. not a lot of flash in the engine compartment and as far as back side dash wiring its def not a DCB but def not some crappy jerry rig. the interior although nice it just feels cheap. cheetah def does not cut corners but def does not use hi end stuff. this is how you stay in business and stay profitable for all these years. about 4 years ago i talked to dori sarrafin he was cheetah bobs right hand man now he owns domin8er and he told me bob is very old school and stuck in his ways which are a bit old school and dori tried to get him to step it up and he would not. they continued to but heads and dori went off and did the domin8er thing. if you looking for a good inexpensive custom boat cheetah is a great entry level boat.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
dont own a cheetah but have 2 friends that own one. one is a 23 footer and the other is a 24 footer. Rigged well?? not gonna say well but semi clean. not a lot of flash in the engine compartment and as far as back side dash wiring its def not a DCB but def not some crappy jerry rig. the interior although nice it just feels cheap. cheetah def does not cut corners but def does not use hi end stuff. this is how you stay in business and stay profitable for all these years. about 4 years ago i talked to dori sarrafin he was cheetah bobs right hand man now he owns domin8er and he told me bob is very old school and stuck in his ways which are a bit old school and dori tried to get him to step it up and he would not. they continued to but heads and dori went off and did the domin8er thing. if you looking for a good inexpensive custom boat cheetah is a great entry level boat.

I think that was very fair. :)coffee

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just sayin'

I remember my dad taking me to his shop in Stanton over 30 years ago, good or bad he's still doing it. How many others can you say that about?

I'm just saying.........

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
The 26 ft deck is $70,000+ ..... is that inexpensive and entry level to you???

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Clear up confusion

To clear up any confusion, Cheetah has no intention of offering a 10 year warranty, then shutting our doors to our customers! Bob is sick and tired of people trashing his name, hulls, and rigging. So..... with this said 10 years is a long time, there are a lot of Cheetah's out there that are problem free. For every complainer, there is 100 customers who love Bob's boat! Bob does what many others can't, builds an quality boat at an affordable price! Because he sells his boats 25-50% less than the 100K guy, it opens the door for people to trash him. With that said, we only get half the story sometimes when people say his hull is trash. I mentioned to Bob several posts were here where people have been critical of his hulls, claiming it "just" fell apart. Just driving along and fell apart! You might only have half the story. Bob mention one hull that failed, was a second hand boat that was involved in a boat collision, repaired and then failed-Bob said he stands behind his hull construction, if his hull truly fell apart due to poor workmanship, why would he not be sued by this individuals or insurance companies who supposedly just write a check! Insurance companies who write out a 30K+ check, will go after the manufacturer if it was a known defect from the manufacturer. If you have any concerns, call Bob direct, he will give you the straight scoop!

Bob is doing well and has sold 3 wildcats, several stiletto's, now laying up a shadow, and doing a lot of service and consignment work. PLEASE do not misconstrue someones comment that Cheetah is offering a 10 year warranty to sell a few boats and close its door.

In fact plans are being set in place, so when Bob decides he is ready to go to Idaho, his business is up and running permanently with his over sight.

As far the split up and Bob not willing to change, whats between Roger, Dory and Bob is their personal business and we refrain from commenting on that.

"old school" I'll agree to that, he does not even have a computer on his desk. He is too busy building an affordable boat for you, they guy that can afford a 30k boat! He leaves the computer on my desk!

Old schooler is re-tooling some of his molds, starting with the dual helm option for the Wildcat, along with some up and coming changes, hopefully on the fast cats.

Your right Bob does not spend a lot on flash, but he passes it on to you!
I'm twisting his arm just to get him to kick down 300 bucks a month so I can get him to advertise here! I think I got him convinced. I want to check these forms daily and answer questions for our customers, or get the the answer for them.

Hope that quails any confusion, if you have questions feel free to PM me, I will do my best to get the answer for you-the straight scoop with no @#*&%$

Thanks Cheetah Boats

Hopefully admin does not put my in time out again! :)hand

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
wow

To clear up any confusion, Cheetah has no intention of offering a 10 year warranty, then shutting our doors to our customers! Bob is sick and tired of people trashing his name, hulls, and rigging. So..... with this said 10 years is a long time, there are a lot of Cheetah's out there that are problem free. For every complainer, there is 100 customers who love Bob's boat! Bob does what many others can't, builds an quality boat at an affordable price! Because he sells his boats 25-50% less than the 100K guy, it opens the door for people to trash him. With that said, we only get half the story sometimes when people say his hull is trash. I mentioned to Bob several posts were here where people have been critical of his hulls, claiming it "just" fell apart. Just driving along and fell apart! You might only have half the story. Bob mention one hull that failed, was a second hand boat that was involved in a boat collision, repaired and then failed-Bob said he stands behind his hull construction, if his hull truly fell apart due to poor workmanship, why would he not be sued by this individuals or insurance companies who supposedly just write a check! Insurance companies who write out a 30K+ check, will go after the manufacturer if it was a known defect from the manufacturer. If you have any concerns, call Bob direct, he will give you the straight scoop!

Bob is doing well and has sold 3 wildcats, several stiletto's, now laying up a shadow, and doing a lot of service and consignment work. PLEASE do not misconstrue someones comment that Cheetah is offering a 10 year warranty to sell a few boats and close its door.

In fact plans are being set in place, so when Bob decides he is ready to go to Idaho, his business is up and running permanently with his over sight.

As far the split up and Bob not willing to change, whats between Roger, Dory and Bob is their personal business and we refrain from commenting on that.

"old school" I'll agree to that, he does not even have a computer on his desk. He is too busy building an affordable boat for you, they guy that can afford a 30k boat! He leaves the computer on my desk!

Old schooler is re-tooling some of his molds, starting with the dual helm option for the Wildcat, along with some up and coming changes, hopefully on the fast cats.

Your right Bob does not spend a lot on flash, but he passes it on to you!
I'm twisting his arm just to get him to kick down 300 bucks a month so I can get him to advertise here! I think I got him convinced. I want to check these forms daily and answer questions for our customers, or get the the answer for them.

Hope that quails any confusion, if you have questions feel free to PM me, I will do my best to get the answer for you-the straight scoop with no @#*&%$

Thanks Cheetah Boats

Hopefully admin does not put my in time out again! :)hand
kind of heavy for not much reason. nobody here bashed a cheetah hull some one was just asking about the product. i looked at all the posts no one said anything to which i thought was over negative except for the GT guy commenting on the crappy industry right know. i dont think he was being malicious. the 10 warrenty rumor obviously just a rumor. the only company other than defunct magic that has a 10 year is essex and its standard. anybody else with a 10 year you pay for it handsomely. my post i thought hit the nail on the head and it was backed by the above from cheetah. great bang for the buck. someone else commented about 70000 for a 26 deck not being affordable or entry level yes it is considering a comporable boat from someone else would run over 110000 with small power. i personally think its great that there is a mfg out there making inexpensive custom boats. they were even inexpensive during the surge of custom boating and people purchacing with home refi money. i do beleive bob builds a good boat for the price he offers and my friends with the 23 and 24's i previously mentioned have had them for 5 and 6 years and have not had a single cheetah problem. all there probs have been merc probs. good job cheetah you set a mark that all mfg should take a page from. everybody should and could be more affordable. good luck to all looking for new, used, or even upgradeing current boats. now if we can just get the banks to jump on board and start lending again:)devil

·
Happy Member
1,398 Posts
You can talk about Cheetah all you want but in my case I am happy with mine!!!! I have been on a tow rope in a Hallett,Nordic,Glaspar, and a Rinker (Action Adventure Rental) but not a Cheetah!!!!!! 23' Cheetah scorpion / 454 Mpi

1 - 20 of 101 Posts