Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Willow Valley / Palmdale
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see there is a poker run being put on by Cheetah by Domin8er scheduled July 18th. The flier is on their website. Does anyone know anything about it.

The way I read it, the run is not on the water.

· Premium Member
355 Posts
In a nut Shell

Willow whats the deal on that two places make that boat.

Bob Burns, Cheetah Bob, started back in 63, was pretty big, had 90 employees he told me and was shipping 100's and 100's of boats back east. Road out the ups and downs just like now. Closed shop, I do not remember the date late 80's I think, Re-opened in the mid ninety's with Roger his partner for the last 13 years. Sometime in beginning of 2000, again don't quote exact date, but Dory from Domn8er started selling for Cheetah in Upland at his shop. 2003 Dory stopped selling with Cheetah and Started Domn8er.

2008 Roger and Bob decided to split up for personal reasons, and due to current litigation Bob wants to keep most of the details confidential. But he does want his customers to Know that he did copyright the name "Cheetah Boats" back in the 60's. He is very upset over the name issue because he knows it just confuses his customers, hopefully soon the legal issues will be resolved and we can go about business as normal.

With that said We are the original Cheetah Boats, Bob Burns. Their website is confusing for our customers, especially when you read the introduction and see a 60's boat(looks like they started in the 60's).

In 2008 Roger went to work with Dory @ Domn8er and came up with their current name.. As I mentioned before, there is a legal issue pending regarding this and at this time no specifics can be divulged. But Bob told me he is confidant he will prevail and there will be only one "Cheetah" soon.

With that said please do not misinterpret that we are slinging any mud against Roger, Dory, Domn8er, or any past employees of Cheetah who work with Roger.. They are all good guys, and we would not be smart to say they don't build good boats, they lay up at lynch, just like we do! They had personal differences, as with many business partners, and decided to go their own way. :D

I'm going to twist Bob's arm next year to get him to have a real Cheetah regatta! Cash flow has been tight! but its picking up!

· Willow Valley / Palmdale
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lets see, I have a choice of driving from LA to Havasu and doing a land poker run when it is 110 degrees going from business to business or spending the day on the water in my Cheetah. HMMMMMMM tough decision. It would be fun to shoot the shiat with fellow Cheetah owners but I think we need water. It just seems sorta like part of the package.

· Premium Member
355 Posts
Cheetah Photograph

hey cheeta boats..you guys have a picture of my boat in your banner.Can you tell me where to get a copy of it? It's the orange stiletto helecopter shot.
Thanks.
The image is from S&B Photos @ www.jtinc.com great site, from Jerry the Hot Boat Photographer. All manufactures there, so.... if you participated in a regatta, regardless if Cheetah or not in Havasu, there is good chance your boat has awesome Ariel pictures you might not even know about. He copyrights the photos and sells them in large file format from small pictures to posters. I think the file is around 25 bucks or so, check out his site!

As far as your picture, i already bought it so.... pm me with your email and i will send it to you for free, but check out the site, there are many more pics of your boat, thanks Kevin @ Cheetah:)hand

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.