Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to give a big thanks to Kyle and Tony over at Cheetah by Domn8er. They did some upgrades and mods for me at a Very Reasonable cost, quick turnaround time and Xlnt. work. I highly recommend them service and very fair prices.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Roger owns the cheetah name and domn8er builds them for him.
How does that work? Someone here on the boards just picked a new boat from ''Cheetah'' and as I remember, it was Bob who delivered it.

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
I'm pretty sure Domn8ter is still in business (Dory) and that in a seperate arrangement Roger contracts with Domn8tor to build boats for him, hence the Cheetah by Domn8ter.

·
BB572
227 Posts
I'm pretty sure Domn8ter is still in business (Dory) and that in a seperate arrangement Roger contracts with Domn8tor to build boats for him, hence the Cheetah by Domn8ter.
Last I heard, Domin8er is still in business. I believe that Dory also leases the molds for the NEXT deck boat from Brent Leach. Not sure what the arrangements are with Cheetah.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Is Cheetah Bobs a franchise:D Who owns the molds.
Bob told me he owns the molds. The Cheetahs that are for sale at Domn8er are the only ones they will ever sell and they were aquired during the break up. Bob had several just out of the mold hulls in his shop they were rigging. So my opinion is if you want a Cheetah see Bob. I mean, would you go buy one from "Cheetah Dory"?

That being said I had a long chat with a new friend I met on the beach at the Nautical last week. He had just picked up a new Domn8er and had nothing but good to say about Dory and those guys. I am left with the impression both shops are open and doing at least some business.

I don't really run in those circles of people so I don't know enough to comment much more just what I saw during my purchase.

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Bob told me he owns the molds. The Cheetahs that are for sale at Domn8er are the only ones they will ever sell and they were aquired during the break up. Bob had several just out of the mold hulls in his shop they were rigging. So my opinion is if you want a Cheetah see Bob. I mean, would you go buy one from "Cheetah Dory"?

That being said I had a long chat with a new friend I met on the beach at the Nautical last week. He had just picked up a new Domn8er and had nothing but good to say about Dory and those guys. I am left with the impression both shops are open and doing at least some business.

I don't really run in those circles of people so I don't know enough to comment much more just what I saw during my purchase.
That's pretty much how I figured it ..... only one place to get a Cheetah.
Partnerships never end well but Roger seems like a good guy, good to hear they are doing some business.

·
Willow Valley / Palmdale
562 Posts
DON'T FORGET DCB ((domin8or cheetah boats )
Now that there is funny!!!

It seems that lately Cheetah Bob has been selling boats and I have not seen anyone buy one from the other guy.

I am torn. I bought mine from Bob and enjoyed working with him but also like Tony at the other guys place.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have never met Roger, but Bob was always good to me when I had the 29 built and Dory has always seemed like a good guy when I've run across him on the lake, at boat shows etc. I wish all of them the best

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Roger put Dory on as the President of Cheetah, so until all the legal battles have been completed, technically Dory and Bob are business partners, with Bob serving as VP .. :(:(
Bob won't like that title:D ... Because Roger is calling it Cheetah by Domn8ter makes me think Bob owns the Cheetah Boats name.

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
I have no idea who owns what but I can say I have been contacted by some of the individuals involved in the legal battles. I think the truth will come out in the wash. :)hand

1 - 20 of 56 Posts