Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
do a internet search to see who their current chief is and contact his office:)bulb most things have to go thru him to get voted on by a tribal council , well its that way with my tribe anyways(choctaw)

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
This would be a good place to start.

Chemehuevi Real Estate Operations

Bill Cox or Shirley Smith
760-858-1116

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
Unless your one of them good luck, they are f'ing a-holes. Leases mean nothing to them. My family use to have a place at Havasu Landing in the colonies before my dad told the ex-chief(lady) to pound sand and sold our place back in the mid 80's. Doubt things are any different now a days. Have friends at the landing that have mobiles and they are having decent luck the last few years but with our experiences I wouldn't associate with them.

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
Good luck and get your check book out. :)hand
lol...I would just make sure you secure anything on there land at night with alot of rebar and quickcrete:D

There gonna leave it alone if they can't remove it in 2 minutes in that heat:)sphss:)devil

·
Other Side of River
1,235 Posts
If you see a old guy sitting at the Lighthouse at the entrance to the Landing try and say hello. I tuff it out at Landing several week-ends every month.The new store is hard to take,the New docks at the ramp and fuel area is really hard to take,the food and view from the restaurant sucks.lol.

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you see a old guy sitting at the Lighthouse at the entrance to the Landing try and say hello. I tuff it out at Landing several week-ends every month.The new store is hard to take,the New docks at the ramp and fuel area is really hard to take,the food and view from the restaurant sucks.lol.

The new store sucks! The airconditiong only holds the temp down to about a nipple splitting 55 degrees or so!:D

Now, the gas docks, I really do think they could have done a better job laying that out, but it was all about making it easier for the dream catcher.
RVR SWPR, you have a place there? I'll look for you this weekend.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
That's right,most of the indians are union.:D
all american indian tribes are just well organized, we ain't giving up anything else to da white devils:D

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
I think the best way to approach would be to contact the Chemehuevi's and work a deal that you would sponsor a trash bag stake location in exchange for them allowing a cross to be erected at the site. The Chemehuevi tribe in a partnership with the London Bridge Yacht Club are erecting trash bag posts, but are seeking sponsorship to do so. It would be a win/win deal. I'm sure it would be no problem raising the necessary money on this site.

·
100% Pimp 50% of the Time
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the best way to approach would be to contact the Chemehuevi's and work a deal that you would sponsor a trash bag stake location in exchange for them allowing a cross to be erected at the site. The Chemehuevi tribe in a partnership with the London Bridge Yacht Club are erecting trash bag posts, but are seeking sponsorship to do so. It would be a win/win deal. I'm sure it would be no problem raising the necessary money on this site.
Good idea Rick I'll work that angle.

Hey boatfloating, check your PM's
I did and responded

·
Registered
107 Posts
my good famliy friends had a house for 35 years on that side of the lake on the chemehuevi land and they were real hard to deal with (back in the day -70's-80's-90's), not sure how they are now ..... ?? i know they use to rob and vandalize all of the california side houses along that stretch .... good luck -- (they even stole their boat engine and outdrive (not the boat) --- in their 'LOCKED'
garage one time) :mad:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
my good famliy friends had a house for 35 years on that side of the lake on the chemehuevi land and they were real hard to deal with (back in the day -70's-80's-90's), not sure how they are now ..... ?? i know they use to rob and vandalize all of the california side houses along that stretch .... good luck -- (they even stole their boat engine and outdrive (not the boat) --- in their 'LOCKED'
garage one time) :mad:
Skilled craftsman huh?

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
this would be a good contact person if any....arnold schwarzenegger

1 - 19 of 19 Posts