Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
The man contributed so much to the sport of racing over his lifetime, it's impossible to put it all together.

He had been quietly working on a Ford 385 Series billet hemi head program, and had been going through the R&D stages over the last few years. Here are some pictures of the heads that I took sometime ago:

Ironically, just yesterday...on the day he died...I had been invited to go see the engine run at Sacramento Raceway at the Funny Car event this weekend.

Damn straight I'm goin'; RIP Chet,

LO

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
RIP Chet, Thanks for all your help over the years.

Hey Lakes, Chet and Jason Rupert have been trying to get that combo to run for a long time. I always admired them for trying something different

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Hey Lakes, Chet and Jason Rupert have been trying to get that combo to run for a long time. I always admired them for trying something different
A good billet head, it's based on the shotgun head. I watched them support/sustain 9500 rpm all the way down the track.

The development issues early on were substantial indeed, the the majority of them have been sorted out.

To see Chet Herbert's billet head design sing to the heavens (and to Chet), click HERE.

LO

·
Re-member
3,729 Posts
....Ran one of his early rollers in our front motored fueler.....

...Couldnt believe it,... the L.A. Times had a short tribute to him in the Sports Section today...

...RIP...Chet

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Chet was an innovator, an excellent businessman and a great father. I just e-mailed my condolences to Doug who has become a good friend - one who has had some very tough times in the past 15 or so months.
RIP Chet and thank you for all your contributions, especially Doug.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts