Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AARP Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife works for the owner of Borelli Racing (among other things) in San Jose, Ca. Him and his partner race Vintage NASCARs. He is big on Charity Events. He wants to put on a Charity Chili Cookoff/Show and Shine at Club Auto (also his) in North San Jose near Brokaw. It is a High End auto storage facility on about 10 acres. He knows I am big on our boating group and heard about our toys.
He would like to see some performance boats in the event. The Bigger the better but lots of Bling would be nice. DLB has the hardware. I wanted to see if we have an interest in bringing a little Bling to the Party. The Chili Cookoff will have a few hundred dollars in prize money to offer. Sounds like a tank of gas.:)devil. Worth a polish job to me.
No date has been set. Sometime this summer. I just wanted to get a feel of what to expect. I will offer a copy of my Championship recipe to any one who wants to enter. We might even set up extra money for the highest placing first time cook.
Any non DLB boater is welcome, just like out outings. Let's make the guys with the fancy cars jealous. :D

·
Want to see my member?
417 Posts
My Buddy just went to a wedding reception there, nice place! Sounds fun, id do it- if I have the date free. Let us know when you have a date.

·
AARP Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear.
Yes it is a nice place.
It may be a bit yet before we get a date. This is the feasability study.:D
If we only got 4 boats, that would be fine. I just want to make a presence.
How much fun can it be to drive around in a Lamborgini everyday. Hookie Day is the way to go.:)devil
It would be good if the Cookoff was not on one of our big DLB outings.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts