Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"That Guy"
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had a package seized by Chinese customs, and asked to pay more money? I don't know if its a scam or not, they have sent me paper work and have even given me a number to the customs office to call, but since I don't speak the language I cant ask if its really there.

Anyone have any ideas??
I don't want to send anymore $ unless I know its really sitting in customs.

It shipped EMS, they gave me a tracking number, and sent me a copy of the EMS receipt, and some sort of "customs" paper saying what the money owed totals are. but its all in Chinese.

And who do you pay when its held by customs, Do you pay customs office or the seller/shipper??
cause its the seller/shipper who wants the extra money

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Has anyone ever had a package seized by Chinese customs, and asked to pay more money? I don't know if its a scam or not, they have sent me paper work and have even given me a number to the customs office to call, but since I don't speak the language I cant ask if its really there.

Anyone have any ideas??
I don't want to send anymore $ unless I know its really sitting in customs.

It shipped EMS, they gave me a tracking number, and sent me a copy of the EMS receipt, and some sort of "customs" paper saying what the money owed totals are. but its all in Chinese.

And who do you pay when its held by customs, Do you pay customs office or the seller/shipper??
cause its the seller/shipper who wants the extra money

thanks
My best friend works for a freight broker...she says the shipper is responsible for getting the proper paper work completed and getting it through customs from the point of origin. Once it arrives state-side then if there are further customs issues, you would be responsible for that. If I were you I would type an email, then copy it into free translation . com and then copy the translation and send it to the company asking for more money.

·
"That Guy"
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been going back and forth with the shipper for about 3 weeks via E-mail (in-English) But whatever documentation they send me is in Chinese,
So if i could contact the customs office and verify that its there, then i would feel better about sending the extra MOO-LA.

I'm about ready the walk into a Chinese restaurant and ask them to make a phone call for me...:)st

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
If you live in a big enough city, take your chinese paper work to the Chinese Consulate. They shouldn't charge you at all since you are doing biz with their country.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Happened to me one time due to the declared value of the item vs. customs value of the item. I faxed paperwork back to the port in Alaska and they solved the issue pronto.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts