Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A jury has awarded $4.3 million to a Chino Hills woman who lost her leg in a 2004 boating accident in Lake Havasu.
On Thursday, a West Valley Superior Court jury in Rancho Cucamonga awarded the damages to Stacey Lowry in her 2005 case against Johnson Marine Supplies Inc. of Ontario, according to a news release from the Redlands law firm McCune and Wright.
On Aug. 4, 2004, Lowry was on a family vacation with her husband and children at Lake Havasu.
On the family's motor boat, purchased from Johnson Marine Supplies, Lowry's husband, Paul, tried to put the throttle in reverse, but the boat took off and hit a cement sea wall, according to the release. Stacey Lowry's leg was crushed and had to be amputated.
According to the release, the boat had a retainer clip that was installed improperly. "Not only are we pleased that Mrs. Lowry is going to receive appropriate compensation," lawyer David Wright said in the release, "but there are thousands of boats on the water with this same clip, and hopefully this verdict will bring attention to the danger."

http://www2.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_10751537

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
A jury has awarded $4.3 million to a Chino Hills woman who lost her leg in a 2004 boating accident in Lake Havasu.
On Thursday, a West Valley Superior Court jury in Rancho Cucamonga awarded the damages to Stacey Lowry in her 2005 case against Johnson Marine Supplies Inc. of Ontario, according to a news release from the Redlands law firm McCune and Wright.
On Aug. 4, 2004, Lowry was on a family vacation with her husband and children at Lake Havasu.
On the family's motor boat, purchased from Johnson Marine Supplies, Lowry's husband, Paul, tried to put the throttle in reverse, but the boat took off and hit a cement sea wall, according to the release. Stacey Lowry's leg was crushed and had to be amputated.
According to the release, the boat had a retainer clip that was installed improperly. "Not only are we pleased that Mrs. Lowry is going to receive appropriate compensation," lawyer David Wright said in the release, "but there are thousands of boats on the water with this same clip, and hopefully this verdict will bring attention to the danger."

http://www2.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_10751537
Look at the thread "Jury Award"

·
I am Roger..the Shrubber
1,080 Posts
I like the title of your thread better... more "attention grabbing" :D
Agreed. I'm going to focus my attention on this thread, although it is the 2nd thread containing the exact same content...it has my full support.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate you guys supporting my thread...:) Hell Bert(Radioactive) only has 2 posts anyways so what's he know, compared to my whopping 66.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your funny not yet but could really use a couple..What about you? Looking over the dairy with your Bloody Mary?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts