Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
... Details are still being worked out, but thanks to the efforts of Rick Boxx (Liquidator 559) and the Chowchilla Lions Club, it looks like we're on for a NorCal version of the Needles Event or Irvine V-Drive Regatta. This is NOT a race, but a show & shine and you will be able to run your entered race/lake boat.
The dates are August 27-28 @ Berenda Resivoir. Fee's are $100 per boat and limited to the first 50 boats (well 48 boats now). Fee's cover boat, overnight camping at the lake and 1 BBQ ticket. Additional BBQ tickets will be available for a nominal fee and I believe spectators are free. The Lion's Club is doing a Tri-Tip/Chicken BBQ and any excess $$ generated will go to them for their assistance in getting this together and to support their programs.
I'm just helping Rick spread the word and this is all we know at this point. The details are being finalized and Rick will post them as things get sorted out. All the major hurdles are handled, the city is on board, Rick went out to the lake today and there's lots of water, so let's make this the first step towards getting drag boat racing back in NorCal again...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Chowchilla August 27-28?

Sounds great. A few questions though.
-Will this be single boat passes, or side by side passes?
-And will the lights and timers be available?
I'm not familiar with the Needles or Irvine events.
Thanks for your time, be safe. schick

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Is this only open to boats with their engines in backwards? Be safe, schick

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds great. A few questions though.
-Will this be single boat passes, or side by side passes?
-And will the lights and timers be available?
I'm not familiar with the Needles or Irvine events.
Thanks for your time, be safe. schick
Like Rick said, answers and entry form are on the v-drive thread but I'll toss out the answers here too. This is not a race and there won't be any lights. No side by side racing but you can go as fast as you want or are able to. All performance boats are welcome, jets included. Sign up now as this event should sell out early...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll check the v-drive section, be safe. schick

·
Registered
217 Posts
!

Rick, What a great idea. Thanks for stepping up to the plate to help organize an event like this that promotes the sport. Hope its a great success..wish I could make it.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Like Rick said, answers and entry form are on the v-drive thread but I'll toss out the answers here too. This is not a race and there won't be any lights. but you can go as fast as you want or are able to. All performance boats are welcome, jets included. Sign up now as this event should sell out early...
David, is this what you meant to say?

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts