Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
U Member, Member?
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do they get away with age discrimination? i think theyre cutoff is 37. couldnt find anything on the web. dont think im looking hard enuf... Any guesses?

·
Doctor Bomb
551 Posts
Most Ca. Departments just won't hire over 35, even if they don't post an age limit, easy to avoid. CHP probably has something written into it's job description/most agencies had this "task requirement" type thing overturned by lawsuits, CHP, being a state organizaiton, probably would take more work to change.

You'd be working all summer holidays, get on with a county/city and you can have some of them off, or, maybe you like drawing accident diagrams?? :p Just kidding, great people at CHP.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Know someone that tried to get in and they were told that 20/20 uncorrected vision is a must.

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Know someone that tried to get in and they were told that 20/20 uncorrected vision is a must.
The old days. Now you just have to have correction.

There are all kinds of changes from the "old" days. I have a friend in Sac that is just about to graduate the academy. He has a moderate case of Turrets Syndrome - and after the doctor signed off on him, he was hired. I didn't think that was gonna happen, but it did.

·
6,873 Posts
Economics.....
By the time the hire you , graduate, get off probation, YOU are OLD for street work....Plus the time and money invest to maybe get at best 20 years out of you.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts