Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
steelcomp was here
26,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Email from a friend...

I wanted to give ya'll some disturbing information on our wonderful pesident. I work with the Catch-A-Dream Foundation (www.catchadream.org) which provides hunting and fishing trips to childen with life-threatening illnesses. It is a great program needless to say. This past weekend we had our annual banquet/fundraiser event in Starkville . As part of the program, we had scheduled Sgt. 1st Class Greg Stube, a highly decorated U.S. Army Green Beret and inspirational speaker who was severely injured while deployed overseas and didn't have much of a chance for survival. Greg is stationed at Ft. Bragg and received permission from his commanding officer to come speak at our function. Everything was on go until Obama made a policy that NO U.S. SERVICEMAN CAN SPEAK AT ANY FAITH-BASED PUBLIC EVENTS ANYMORE. Needless to say, Greg had to cancel his speaking event with us. Didn't know if anyone else was aware of this new policy. Wonder what kind of news we all will receive next?

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Has your friend notified FOX news?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Appears to be untrue or at least pertains to charitable fundraising only. I still think "faith-based" is a highly debatable phrase considering ANY belief including "non" belief is also, when critically thought through, faith-based.

According to the Starkville Daily News, Catch-A-Dream executive director Marty Brunson laid the cancelation to a Dept. of Defense policy preventing military personnel from speaking at any charitable fundraising events, faith-based or otherwise. Brunson said the decision was passed down to him by Carol Darby, spokesperson for the U.S. Army Special Operations Command in Fort Bragg.
http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/barackobama/a/obama_no_faith_based_events.htm
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/faithbased.asp
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obamba-stube.htm

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Don't bother, Check the THREE links and google it if you want:rolleyes:
It's pertains to CHARITABLE FUNDRAISING for BOTH "faith based" or "otherwise" per Carol Darby, spokesperson for the U.S. Army Special Operations Command in Fort Bragg.
Apparently, it's nothing new. Been policy for years.

As much as I would love for the new sheriff to pull some crap like this, I don't think it'd ever fly....at least not currently.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
It's pertains to CHARITABLE FUNDRAISING for BOTH "faith based" or "otherwise" per Carol Darby, spokesperson for the U.S. Army Special Operations Command in Fort Bragg.

As much as I would love for the new sheriff to pull some crap like this, I don't think it'd ever fly....at least not currently.

Even so, You give these guys an inch and they will take a mile. They have to know that we are concerned, and are paying attention.
I am certain that full "banning" would be the next step if no stink was raised, so to speak.
They are just testing and setting the stage.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
No doubt. I just hate to see everyone get all in tizzy over some internet rumor. That said, you're right. This admin has proceeded often by "testing the waters" before going ahead full steam, conducting its social experiments and we're the lab rats.:mad:

·
steelcomp was here
26,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently, it's nothing new. Been policy for years.

IMO this is all a bunch of boiler plate response. What exactly is this policy that has alreayd existed?
Quote:
"However, as Dr Brumson noted in his statement, ""it is not [yet] clear weather that interpretation represents any change in approach or application of pollicy"" so indeed, it may be a directive form the Obama admin.

·
steelcomp was here
26,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No doubt. I just hate to see everyone get all in tizzy over some internet rumor. That said, you're right. This admin has proceeded often by "testing the waters" before going ahead full steam, conducting its social experiments and we're the lab rats.:mad:
And I'm not ready for one minute to pass this along as something "benign" as these links make it out to be....

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
IMO this is all a bunch of boiler plate response. What exactly is this policy that has alreayd existed?
Quote:
"However, as Dr Brumson noted in his statement, ""it is not [yet] clear weather that interpretation represents any change in approach or application of pollicy"" so indeed, it may be a directive form the Obama admin.
I don't have any specific source other than the military people I know that frequently speak at churches who tell me it's been that way at least since the early-mid 90's, that is, speaking at charitable fundraisers in while in uniform. I totally agree with you that it could easily change to "no speaking of any kind by any service member".

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
Email from a friend...

I wanted to give ya'll some disturbing information on our wonderful pesident. I work with the Catch-A-Dream Foundation (www.catchadream.org) which provides hunting and fishing trips to childen with life-threatening illnesses. It is a great program needless to say. This past weekend we had our annual banquet/fundraiser event in Starkville . As part of the program, we had scheduled Sgt. 1st Class Greg Stube, a highly decorated U.S. Army Green Beret and inspirational speaker who was severely injured while deployed overseas and didn't have much of a chance for survival. Greg is stationed at Ft. Bragg and received permission from his commanding officer to come speak at our function. Everything was on go until Obama made a policy that NO U.S. SERVICEMAN CAN SPEAK AT ANY FAITH-BASED PUBLIC EVENTS ANYMORE. Needless to say, Greg had to cancel his speaking event with us. Didn't know if anyone else was aware of this new policy. Wonder what kind of news we all will receive next?

I wish that pumpkin head, dark TAN, Charlie brown lookin Barry S. would just TRY to push a "Church and State" issue... I just wish he would... It would get shoved so far up his A$$ that even Rahm the Rump Wrangler couldn't fish it out... Barry S. is a "PLAYA", long legged street hustler from Chi Town and his lies / half truths / empty promises are starting to come home to roost...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts