Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was driving across London bridge at the end of the day the other day and saw a single City worker retiring the American flags for the day and was shocked to see the worker wad up the flag and jam it into a bag like a shop rag. Contacted the City Manager, Charlie Cassens, and told him of this and he tells me that he didn't know that there was proto call for retiring the flag, can you believe that (I don't). Haven't heard from them since and this still goes on. This from the City that was competing for (what was the title?) something like the most patriotic city in America a while back. Where does this BS stop from this city?

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
What a piece of shit!! Everyone should know the proper way to fold the flag and to respect the flag. But what do you expect from a liberal America who voted to change the words to the pledge of allegiance!!! God damn commies

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
Even if one does not know how to properly fold a flag, I'd think most (and especially a gov worker charged with the duty) know it doesn't belong wadded up like a shop rag in a trash bag. That is pretty sad on the city's part as well as highly disrespectful to the US Flag.

I would hope that bag on the ground doesn't contain flags too. A whole nother issue.

·
livin' the dream
62 Posts
I was at an international Polo game once, and I yelled at a kid that was about to do that same thing with the flag. I gave him a lesson in flag folding techniques he wont soon forget.

They dont need to even take it down, just get a 50 dollar light from Home Depot and it can fly at night if they are too lazy to fold it properly.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even if one does not know how to properly fold a flag, I'd think most (and especially a gov worker charged with the duty) know it doesn't belong wadded up like a shop rag in a trash bag. That is pretty sad on the city's part as well as highly disrespectful to the US Flag.

I would hope that bag on the ground doesn't contain flags too. A whole nother issue.

I know it is a bad cell phone pic but that is exactly what was in the bag on the ground.

·
Administrator
16,894 Posts
Doesnt a flag come with instructions when you buy one?

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Three Thoughts

Was driving across London bridge at the end of the day the other day and saw a single City worker retiring the American flags for the day and was shocked to see the worker wad up the flag and jam it into a bag like a shop rag. Contacted the City Manager, Charlie Cassens, and told him of this and he tells me that he didn't know that there was proto call for retiring the flag, can you believe that (I don't). Haven't heard from them since and this still goes on. This from the City that was competing for (what was the title?) something like the most patriotic city in America a while back. Where does this BS stop from this city?
Come to my mind,Common Sense,Courteous and Respect.:hmmm:

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
We fly an American flag everyday at our construction site trailers, nothing fancy but we are proud of the country we live in. I have taught all my guys and girls how to take the flag down respectfully and fold it up every night. Not hard to do and you can do it with one person if the flag isn't too big. Takes all of 2 minutes. It's disgusting the city knows and fails to correct the situation. :(

Chris

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
and by the way, the editor of the News Herald (local newspaper) had no interest in this story either.

what is wrong with people these days?

·
New here
4,219 Posts
and by the way, the editor of the News Herald (local newspaper) had no interest in this story either.

Then fold them for them. Make a difference.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Then fold them for them. Make a difference.
Ok so he should stop what he is doing in his busy day to do the job of someone else that should be doing it correctly? That worker is getting paid to retire the flag everyday and should be FIRED! What a load of bullshit! I served in the Marine Corps and if ANYONE was found doing what he witnessed would be court martialed! Being that I served in the Marines I find our flag a symbol of our country that most people don't see. It is not just about the piece of fabric that is being brought down off the flagpole but about all of the men and women that have died for that piece of shit city worker to be able to have the HONOR if retiring it everyday. The American flag is something that should be treated the utmost respect. Why dont you make a difference and drive out there and fold them??? I didn't think so, shut your pie hole!!!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

It's real simple Jake. Nobody appreciates or cares about the freedom and way of living in this country. Let things keep going the way they are and alot of people will get first hand clue how to fight for a freedom most just take advantage of. Meanwhile my son fights overseas to keep it that way. Not that it is much better than V/N but better to end a problem over there than have in our own back yard. Most people here would rather hide than pick up a weapon and fight!!! 9-11 got forgot WAY to fast. JMO Mark

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Ok so he should stop what he is doing in his busy day to do the job of someone else that should be doing it correctly? That worker is getting paid to retire the flag everyday and should be FIRED! What a load of bullshit! I served in the Marine Corps and if ANYONE was found doing what he witnessed would be court martialed! Being that I served in the Marines I find our flag a symbol of our country that most people don't see. It is not just about the piece of fabric that is being brought down off the flagpole but about all of the men and women that have died for that piece of shit city worker to be able to have the HONOR if retiring it everyday. The American flag is something that should be treated the utmost respect. Why dont you make a difference and drive out there and fold them??? I didn't think so, shut your pie hole!!!

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Semper Fidelis

1 - 20 of 73 Posts