Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened? Is Harold ok? How is the boat? Hope its repairable. That boat plain gets it!!!

284090_10150273455317793_737062792_8147239_1449570_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Ran over there after it happened and Harold was fine. Boat lost power and did the typical jet boat right turn. It could not have happened in a better place. Had it beeen any earlier , it could have killed somebody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The boat broke the chainlink fence that stopped it. I'm glad Harold is ok. Stoked that spectators werent hurt either. Do jet boats need a larger rudder ??? As for the boat, didn't look that bad. Boat definitley hauls the mail. Harold is a great driver too.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Ran over there after it happened and Harold was fine. .

Good to hear...hope he and the boat are fine. I took a ride with Jr. in that boat last year. Damn near lost my hearing in it...............

S CP

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
[HR][/HR] Good times yesterday lots of thrills and some "spills" for sure (Crackers, Jets and Flats) Very Happy no one was injured , found myself focused on the great info from the annoucers personally :cool: (Thanks Lucas)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Glad nobody was hurt....but, after driving like he did in last heat Saturday...he earned that one. Drove Cucci outside hard and sharp on one lap then roosted the hell out of him on the next...Cucci about stopped and lost a few places...dirty racing if you ask me.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Harold??

Glad nobody was hurt....but, after driving like he did in last heat Saturday...he earned that one. Drove Cucci outside hard and sharp on one lap then roosted the hell out of him on the next...Cucci about stopped and lost a few places...dirty racing if you ask me.
Harold? I'm sure none of that was intentional. What seems like one thing from the beach is another thing all together on the water. I have NEVER seen Harold drive in anyway that could even remotely be called "dirty".. As far as the roosting, those squirt boats are more prone to wetting down a trailing boat than a prop boat..... Harold is a pure competitor, no doubt about that, but he is also a fun seeker, and races mostly because he is having fun.... He told me Saturday morning, (after I told him he needed to pull a plug wire or two to make it "look" closer), that he "wants" the "kids" to try to pass him, and IF they do, he'll hang it up, quit, and move on...... Joey is no virgin to being wet down, nor is being "pushed out" new to him. I'm sure anything that looked dirty from the beach was "just racin" to the both of them.... Harold's straightaway speeds were more than enough to handle any challenges in the corners...AND he knew it!!
Ray

PS I'm a huge Joey Cucci fan, and consider both of them friends.....

PSS We're all entitled to our opinions, maybe you want to discuss yours with Harold at the next race?....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dude you need to get a clue. Until your out there running with those boats and in that water you shouldn't be making those comments. :wtf:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Harold? I'm sure none of that was intentional. What seems like one thing from the beach is another thing all together on the water. I have NEVER seen Harold drive in anyway that could even remotely be called "dirty".. As far as the roosting, those squirt boats are more prone to wetting down a trailing boat than a prop boat..... Harold is a pure competitor, no doubt about that, but he is also a fun seeker, and races mostly because he is having fun.... He told me Saturday morning, (after I told him he needed to pull a plug wire or two to make it "look" closer), that he "wants" the "kids" to try to pass him, and IF they do, he'll hang it up, quit, and move on...... Joey is no virgin to being wet down, nor is being "pushed out" new to him. I'm sure anything that looked dirty from the beach was "just racin" to the both of them.... Harold's straightaway speeds were more than enough to handle any challenges in the corners...AND he knew it!!
Ray

PS I'm a huge Joey Cucci fan, and consider both of them friends.....

PSS We're all entitled to our opinions, maybe you want to discuss yours with Harold at the next race?....
well said. It's easy to get fired up from the beach, But like ray says..... It's racin. Very tough to hold lanes in a jet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's racin. Very tough to hold lanes in a jet.
Whoa! If the rules say you must hold your lane, then not holding your lane is a violation. Just because your boat won't hold it's lane at the speed you want to go does not absolve you from the rule. Are you suggesting that if a boat in the outside lane can hold his lane and the inside boat can't, then a "chop" or a collision is ok? I'd like to hear more about this one.

Circ

·
steelcomp was here
26,527 Posts
Whoa! If the rules say you must hold your lane, then not holding your lane is a violation. Just because your boat won't hold it's lane at the speed you want to go does not absolve you from the rule. Are you suggesting that if a boat in the outside lane can hold his lane and the inside boat can't, then a "chop" or a collision is ok? I'd like to hear more about this one.

Circ
I think all he said was it's tough. I didn't hear any justification for anything unacceptable there, just stating a fact. You're making things up and it's not necesary.

Glad HB wasn't hurt...that looks like it could have been a LOT worse, and from my experience, rudders on jets have little effect on steering the boat in a situation like that.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I have been watching Harold Bruce race since I was A little kid, As the race fan I am glad My kids get to watch him race today. I hope he races for a long time.:wink2:

·
I'm my own best friend
136 Posts
[HR][/HR] Good times yesterday lots of thrills and some "spills" for sure (Crackers, Jets and Flats) Very Happy no one was injured , found myself focused on the great info from the annoucers personally :cool: (Thanks Lucas)

I took the same picture
uploadfromtaptalk1312919498983.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

Circ
Holding your lane is a must in the first turn of the first lap. You don't have to maintain lane position in the inboard endurance rules after the start. As i stated earlier, turning a jet boat in rough race water is VERY TOUGH. My hats off to anyone racing C/J. I got started in comp jet, and don't care to return. Not my cup of tea. I have alot of friends that do, and I help when i can.
I think all he said was it's tough. I didn't hear any justification for anything unacceptable there, just stating a fact. You're making things up and it's not necesary.

Glad HB wasn't hurt...that looks like it could have been a LOT worse, and from my experience, rudders on jets have little effect on steering the boat in a situation like that.
well said Scott. Thanks. I'll be in Pismo the 18th-21st, if you'd care to come by and have a cold one on me!!:)devil

1 - 20 of 34 Posts