Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First report...7 boats, 4 broke in the qualifier or yesterday. Friday's APBA overall:

SCSC overall:
72 DNS final, (Zero SCSC points)(SCSC only counts each day's final for weekend overall SCSC points)

Broke:
Ron
New guy f/Havasu
426/CJ1
CJ21

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
weird. not too sure about those results. i have yet to find out the official word.

the way i saw it, was lance beat me. both of us took a checker and let off....he was about 1.5 boats ahead of me. harold kept going even though i saw a checker. so i dont know what the official result was. Maybe there was a mistake with the flag man or something. Either way, im happy with the outcome.

pretty much the first heat of friday summed up the weekend. the 2nd heat, it was just harold and i. I had ignition issues and couldnt start the boat, so because the course was 'live', they had to proceed and harold did a single lap to take first.

since there was only 3 boats for today (harold, jim and i) the class was scratched since there had to be 4 boats total to make the class legal. There was no sense in beating our boats up for a non-legal race.

the boat otherwise ran great the first heat. i spun out in turn one and was right back on their tails in the final turn. :)grn

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Results????

weird. not too sure about those results. i have yet to find out the official word.
the way i saw it, was lance beat me. both of us took a checker and let off....he was about 1.5 boats ahead of me. harold kept going even though i saw a checker. so i dont know what the official result was. Maybe there was a mistake with the flag man or something. Either way, im happy with the outcome.
:)grn
Brad, your observations may very well be more accurate than what Jim reported to me. As I understood him, he was running the "River Rescue" boat in competition, as well as using it as a SCSC patrol boat. So he would have been busy at both ends of the CJ race. As at the Havasu Landing race last spring, at least the CJs made an appearance, and supported those than are trying to keep our sport alive in this terrible economy. ...Hope and change and all that.........Ray

PS, Brad we need to talk about your ignition gremlin. Remember the KISS principal?....Use it:D:D:)hand.........

PSS: Hopefully the PS89 AND the PS98 will make the next race in the spring.....

·
JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine
2,034 Posts
no, harold wins again:)hand
and he would win no matter what engine was in his boat:)grn
only 1 ford and how many broken chebby's:)sphss
Ralph, The Rescue Boat/cj72 also has a BBF in it.
I have to agree that Brad was catching the other boats after his spin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts