Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
I run one on my 540 no problem. -10 from tank to pump to regulator and 2 -6 to each dominator carb.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I run one on my 540 no problem. -10 from tank to pump to regulator and 2 -6 to each dominator carb.
x2 in fact the Magnafuel four port regulator will accept a -10 straight. I did a -10 with a -12 male flare, and -12 all the way to the Y fitting where the tanks meet. A good inline screen filter over a cannister is reccomended and you all set!

PS. Prefer XRP fittings all the way because they have internal radius at all entry points....

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

I'm going to run a aeromotive inline filter before the pump with the size lines futs mentioned.

What regulator would you guys suggest running?.. I don't need bling but don't want junk.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a barry grant 4 port but would prefer run a 2 port, rather then pluging off two ports as I'm running a single dominator.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Thanks guys!

I'm going to run a aeromotive inline filter before the pump with the size lines futs mentioned.

What regulator would you guys suggest running?.. I don't need bling but don't want junk.
I run a 2 port Aeromotive with a return line. The one I run has a port for boost referencing, but it is capped off.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
620 Posts
hey denis i dont run a regulator,the old man at clay smith sell a enderly by pass valve,its the only true regulator and you shim it to get however many pound you want to run,it keeps circulating the fuel back to the tank

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Does anyone think this Magna Fuel will work fo my application?

part # 665-MP-9633
Your HP (950) exceeds the rating for the 9633(750), according to their website.

Check out the 9833. It also has bigger outlets that will allow you to use -8 fittings and lines. http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnafuel/665/MP-9833/10002/-1

If you're on the fence, try calling Magnafuel 800-321-7761 for advice on your application. Not only do they have high quality stuff, they are friendly and helpful. A good resource...

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your HP (950) exceeds the rating for the 9633(750), according to their website.

Check out the 9833. It also has bigger outlets that will allow you to use -8 fittings and lines. http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnafuel/665/MP-9833/10002/-1

If you're on the fence, try calling Magnafuel 800-321-7761 for advice on your application. Not only do they have high quality stuff, they are friendly and helpful. A good resource...

Damn thats pricey! lol

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey denis i dont run a regulator,the old man at clay smith sell a enderly by pass valve,its the only true regulator and you shim it to get however many pound you want to run,it keeps circulating the fuel back to the tank

Ill give them a call.

Hmm do you guys think I can just zip tie the fuel line enough to get the pressure I need? LOL jk!:)sphss

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, it is a "boat" we're talkin about!

If cost is an issue, I wouldn't overlook the Holley for $85. It's not a Magnaflow, but Holley isn't a bad name by any means...

No 2 bills really isnt that bad. This has just been a very expensive project. lol

I just ordered the magnaflow from Jegs. Holley is a great name, although I can get over the way it looks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts