Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just venting so I don't care if anyone responds... This has probably been posted before so it's nothing new. I spent a beautiful day on the Lower River (Yuma) yesterday. Went to the beach just above Picacho State park. Late afternoon so no one was around. Some dirtbag(s) left a mangled easy-up frame, a ripped up beach chair and about 10 piles of dog crap. Someone dug a hole and tried burning part of the easy-up frame... Morons. Could have been multiple individuals but this beach is inaccesable to cars/trucks. We, as boaters should feel obligated to clean up after ourselves. Don't expect someone to do it for you. Common decency. I bagged all the crap and disposed in a trash can down river. I took the chair remnants but had no room for the frame. I am done venting. Thanks.

·
Huntington Beach Havasu
2,092 Posts
Last time in Havasu it really bothered me that alot of people in the channel throwing beer cans and everthing else all over the beach areas. It seems like people have lost respect for everything. Maybe things have changed for the worse.

I can remember when boaters never left anything behind!!!

·
relax it's only life
139 Posts
we have a rule for our family we always try to take more than we bring. meaning my kids and i police the beach before we leave it helps and want to enjoy the river but cant control the d-bags that leave stuff there before me.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I hate that stuff. My easy-up got mangled this weekend. We went for a boat ride and just as we were pulling back up to the beach a gust came a took it. The gust pulled all four spikes out of the sand and twisted it up pretty good. We just folded it back up and broke whatever pieces need to get it back in its bag and on the boat.

The funny not so funny thing is I probably could have fixed mine with parts from other broken easy-ups left in the bushes.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
I always pick up trash I see. However broken easy ups is where I draw the line. The dickhead that broke it should take it, Im not taking up all the room in my boat for someones broken trash.

Now if its on a beach and we rode down in the truck, Id put it in the bed. No big deal.

·
....at the Speed of Sound
696 Posts
Pisses me off too. Couple of weeks ago I went out into the channel 3 different times to get trash floating by. A red cup and an empty gatorade bottle which i can see "maybe" blowing out of a boat but there was also a 3/4 full water bottle. Someone had to have thrown that into the lake. :|err

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
I've been boating in the Sac Delta since the early 60's; Around 1970 we started going to Suicide Beach(near Disco bay) and even then the "Hot Doggers" had been stuffing their trash back in the bushes for years...I cut my finger on a Pop-top when I was 10-11. I went back about ten years ago and just walking 35 feet down the beach(whats left) I had a double handfull- including a bottle bottom that had been sitting shard-side up. What the hell are people thinking? That it's "cool" to be a slob?:)Rant

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Pisses me off too. Couple of weeks ago I went out into the channel 3 different times to get trash floating by. A red cup and an empty gatorade bottle which i can see "maybe" blowing out of a boat but there was also a 3/4 full water bottle. Someone had to have thrown that into the lake. :|err

It really bugs me to see plastic ice bags or old ropes floating. Everytime I see one I stop and get it. If that got sucked up a jet pump, theres goes "that guys" or even my day.

I know people make mistakes and shiit flies out of boats. I've come to the end of the day to see my t-shirt missing. Ive just become much better at securing everything.

My thing is if its in the water it was probably a mistake. But if its on the beach, its probably litter.

·
ERECT MEMBER
2,414 Posts
I was chatting with a fellow board member in the channel labor day weekend, I notice when he pulled out that he left all his beer cans on the beach where he threw them. Wish I had noticed before he was gone so I could point out his mistake:)coffee:)coffee....I lost a lot of respect for that PB member

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Unfortunatly that is the fact of the matter. People that go today are not the same. No respect for themselves nor anyone else.:|err

·
Registered
194 Posts
We load our boat a box of hefty bags, pull ties, OMG is that to difficult..
I admit i have polluted Havasu a few times 3-4 pairs of Raybans

We PB board members should make is policy that we rat off “By name” any PB member that craps in/on our lake or river… We want names!!!:)devil

·
Got Beer?
434 Posts
Saved me money $ $ $

I picked up a Ez-up one time that was twisted.... it was the same size as mine.:D

I took it home, threw the bad parts out and saved the good..... I have repaired mine twice. Still have extra parts - matter of fact I carry two extra parts with me on the both in case I need to make a field repair!

Back on subject... I always leave it cleaner:)devil

·
Happy Member
1,399 Posts
We load our boat a box of hefty bags, pull ties, OMG is that to difficult..
I admit i have polluted Havasu a few times 3-4 pairs of Raybans

We PB board members should make is policy that we rat off “By name” any PB member that craps in/on our lake or river… We want names!!!:)devil
100% BY NAME!!! Litter bugs are the SCUM OF THE EARTH!!!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
lets take pics of the beach and all boats through the day and post up trash piles at the end of day plus pics of boats that were their we can even give pics to the LE maybe they cant do anything that day but they can ride the perps ass

·
Registered
194 Posts
lets take pics of the beach and all boats through the day and post up trash piles at the end of day plus pics of boats that were their we can even give pics to the LE maybe they cant do anything that day but they can ride the perps ass
I like this idea...... Lets at least post a picture of their boat, many of us may know the owner. Maybe we can find there home address so i can go shit on their front lawn... :)bulb Better then viewing the FBI pics at the post office.

·
River Rat
337 Posts
Just venting so I don't care if anyone responds... This has probably been posted before so it's nothing new. I spent a beautiful day on the Lower River (Yuma) yesterday. Went to the beach just above Picacho State park. Late afternoon so no one was around. Some dirtbag(s) left a mangled easy-up frame, a ripped up beach chair and about 10 piles of dog crap. Someone dug a hole and tried burning part of the easy-up frame... Morons. Could have been multiple individuals but this beach is inaccesable to cars/trucks. We, as boaters should feel obligated to clean up after ourselves. Don't expect someone to do it for you. Common decency. I bagged all the crap and disposed in a trash can down river. I took the chair remnants but had no room for the frame. I am done venting. Thanks.
It seems to be getting worse these days. We were up past that sandbar on Saturday, and there was probably 4 or 5 boats on that sandbar you are talking about. They were still sitting there when we came back down, so I don't know if they were the ones who left the trash and stuff.....

Weekend after next is the annual Reverse River Run on the lower Colorado river, and we will be in attendance again. Last year, we picked up a mangled easy up that we had to dig out of a sandbar. Along with that, we picked up numerous cans, bottles, styrofoam, etc. It's just sickening.

If anyone is interested in attending this event (this is the 21st year), show up at Fishers about 7:30am on Saturday, Oct 3rd, and be prepared to have a great day. We head up river picking up trash along the way, and then camp overnight at the KOA.

Details on the trip can be found here: http://martinezlakesplash.com/page5.html

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
I picked up a Ez-up one time that was twisted.... it was the same size as mine.:D

I took it home, threw the bad parts out and saved the good..... I have repaired mine twice. Still have extra parts - matter of fact I carry two extra parts with me on the both in case I need to make a field repair!

Back on subject... I always leave it cleaner:)devil
You should to up to Lake Mohave!!! You could open an EBAY store with all the EZ-up frames on the beaches up there. Apparently people think there is some homesteading law in affect and if you leave an EZ-up frame you own the beach for the summer..... :)hammers

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
At Mead Labor day weekend and pulled into Swallow Cove/Beach and beached right at a huge pile of beer/soda cans, empty plastic bags amongst other things just left in a makeshift fire ring. I was pissed to know end, at the launch ramp at Callville there is the biggest roll of large trash bags for all to take when launching, I grabbed a bag and picked everything up. I don't get these peeps. The one's that do this will get there's one day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts